Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My Upgraded Cascade Crossing

They should change if you delete the current texture and replace it with one of the new ones, renamed to match the deleted file.

Got it working, thanks. I had just been putting a new texture in the entry in the forest.dat, but I hadn't though of just replacing with a texture with the same file name. Duh!
    ~Sean Kelly~

MRL Mullan Pass for ORTS
    https://www.trainsimulations.net/Pro...LLAN_ORTS.HTML

Default Hey, mirror, mirror on the wall...

You could--of course use Sinclair's trees!

Don't forget Cascades Gold5 has Autumn trees/textures as well:

Sinclair97

From my added Klamath Northern Railway.

Here's some pics I took of the area I finished working on literally minutes ago. It still needs some touching up, but I'm pretty happy with how it looks now.

Here's two angles on the Crown Pacific Lumber Mill at Gilchrist, Oregon.

And the town of Crescent. This area still needs some work, and I still need to re-forest around here.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by PerryPlatypus; 03-02-2010 at 09:16 PM.
    ~Sean Kelly~

MRL Mullan Pass for ORTS

Red face

Very nice Upgrade Bud,Cheers.

Just be careful when placing those forest regions that you place them well back of the right of way - otherwise MLT's sigview signal-light texture will interfere with the forests and cause square holes in any trees directly behind a signal head. It's a pet peeve of mine with regards to routes that use a lot of forest regions, you can't sigview them properly. Otherwise your new lush forests look great!

Thanks for the suggestion Ted. Generally, there are already hand-placed individual trees close to the right of way, and I just add the forests outside this area, so I don't THINK I would get this problem (at least I haven't ran into it yet.
    ~Sean Kelly~

MRL Mullan Pass for ORTS

Quote Originally Posted by cp5513 View Post
    Just be careful when placing those forest regions that you place them well back of the right of way - otherwise MLT's sigview signal-light texture will interfere with the forests and cause square holes in any trees directly behind a signal head.
    Some strategically placed "real" trees can really help reduce that problem. Though I've learned to ignore it, it is hard to not notice sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by jovet View Post
    Some strategically placed "real" trees can really help reduce that problem. Though I've learned to ignore it, it is hard to not notice sometimes.
    Yes the other way is to place solid .s tree shape files directly behind all signals so you never see the siglight.ace 'forest hole' effect. Years ago with the first route I did a siglight replacement on which used extensive forest regions, I did eventually learn to live with it ...I don't these days.