Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Railsim.dmp

Default Railsim.dmp

I am still having problems with RW-X refusing to load the CSX-Mainline and almost having done after 4 minutes announces that Something Bad Has Happened and presents me with a saved Railsim.dmp file !

What am I supposed to do with it, it's binary code telling me nothing !

O t t o

having the same problem here on my personal route. It loads but if I start in a certain direction RW has a problem and quits. Could it be something got overlaid in the update?

Yes I am having problems with the CSX on the 104 RW update. Certain scenarios lock up after selecting player engine. Scrolling 2D map crashes sim at Brunswick yard.
    I hope this is not a repeat of the last messed up update.

Otto
    I just spent two days trying to fix RW with the same symptoms, by the way I was not using RW for several months. I sent a request to Steam last Monday and I have still have not received a response. As it turns out, I updated my video drivers and deciced to install the latest Physx from Nvidia along with the video update. As it turns out, I did not have the Physx installed and that was my problem. Is it possible RW requires the lastest version of Physx to deal with the update? Just a theory. Thanks

Denis

PS I still have not installed the latest update and I plan not to until I hear good results.

And now the P&LE crashes. Just running along and a freeze. Worse yet is that RW locks up the computer and only way out is to power down and re boot. This is absurd!!!

Quote Originally Posted by OTTODAD View Post
    I am still having problems with RW-X refusing to load the CSX-Mainline and almost having done after 4 minutes announces that Something Bad Has Happened and presents me with a saved Railsim.dmp file !

O t t o
    I'm having the same problem trying to get P&LE route just released to work. It will load until I see the engine in the yard and then "Something Bad Has Happened". My CSX mainline works or at least in loads, I have the missing assets loaded, reloaded the CSX assets, redownloaded the P&LE again, I have all the posted assets in the readme that I need, have run RW Tools and nothing is missing but a few textures. I have many routes loaded and normally don't have issues. What can I do next to help get this loaded? I plan on working at this this weekend to see what is going on. I think it's just my setup that I have something missing but don't know what or how to find if RW Tools doesn't.
    Last edited by djplus2; 02-19-2010 at 12:28 PM. Reason: other thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by OTTODAD View Post
    I am still having problems .......SNIP........... a saved Railsim.dmp file !

O t t o
    I remember reading somewhere that rs.com support wants us to send them .dmp files. I figured now is a time they would especially want to see them so I sent them one earlier about my c-t-d when making a curved junction.
    [email protected]

Tori

Well, is the update flakey or an external program? Just ran the Connellsville scenario all the way. Loaded from a save. No problems this time. Locked up and crashed the last. Have not tried the CSX again. I do have a RW tools report of three missing interactive files.
    Attached Files Attached Files

So I spent all day so far to get to the bottom of this. Why does my CSX-Mainline Potomac scenario full of player services work in Pre-RW-X and not in the RW-X ?

Something to do with using 3rd party rolling stock add-ons, no longer compatible with RW-X ?

So I started removing them with RW_Tools one of the other and instead of "Something bad has happened" just got RWProc errors, on one occasion freezing my sims only computer and had to shut it down.

Noticed that there is now a RailWorksProc2.exe in addition to the RailWorksProc.exe and the Serz.exe is now a Feb.2010 one.

I am staying with my Pre-RW-X copy of RW and hope that this mess can be sorted out.

Checking these routes below in RW-X they appear to be loading here but have not tried playing them.

RC.com must make sure that major 3rd party add-on routes which have been and are being worked on for many months still work in updates of RW or nobody will want to waste their time if goal posts are constantly being moved !

O t t o

Hi Otto,

You should not have a RailworksProc.exe in a new setup, the file is now called RailworksProc2.exe

Mike