Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Diesels West Cajon Pass Activities

Default Diesels West Cajon Pass Activities

Has anyone tried the U.P. Heavy Manifest activity from Diesels West for the 3DTrainStuff Cajon Pass Route? It sounds interesting, however it also requires over $150.00 in their locomotives and I want to be assured that the activity actually runs before I shell out those big bucks. I know the locomotives alone are well worth the price, but needing them for an activity would be a bit of leverage when I breach the subject with my banker (read wife).

Duncan

You could always replace the payware engines with freeware alternatives using some consist editor.
    Nick - Creator of the Virtual Railroading Review Show

Yes, I realise that it is very easy to change all kinds of equipment, however, I was asking about the caliber or quality of the activity itself. It the activity is worth it, I would want to run it the way the author intended. It appears to be a showcase for Diesels West and I commend payware makers who furnish free activities for their product.

Duncan

Duncan
    I have run both activities for the Cajon Pass and they were very nice. I agree with the prices but it was well worth it. You will not be disappointed.

Denis

Thank you Denis. It appears that it's time to start being really nice to the banker.

Duncan

Default Diesels West engines and activities

I have bought nearly every engine Diesels West has made. That is over a thousand dollars and worth every penny - but I am a dedicated MSTS simmer. I change out any activity I run (using ConBuilder) so I can use a DW engine on the point. As for the three activities DW has released, I like them all. Soon, with the release of 3DTS's Colton Yard, there will be many more DW activities since the two software companies are now working together. I can't wait!
    Have fun, xsphoghead

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by xsphoghead View Post
    I have bought nearly every engine Diesels West has made. That is over a thousand dollars and worth every penny - but I am a dedicated MSTS simmer. I change out any activity I run (using ConBuilder) so I can use a DW engine on the point. As for the three activities DW has released, I like them all. Soon, with the release of 3DTS's Colton Yard, there will be many more DW activities since the two software companies are now working together. I can't wait!
    Have fun, xsphoghead
    Now if only we can get someone to make files to weather-up those new DW SPs to look like the REAL thing!

I like them the way they are. I don't need every piece looking twenty years old. There was a time, back in the 70's when these engines weren't antiques.

Quote Originally Posted by conrailguy View Post
    I like them the way they are. I don't need every piece looking twenty years old. There was a time, back in the 70's when these engines weren't antiques.
    3DTS's route will be set in the 80s-90s, so some weathering would be a good option to have.
    Nick - Creator of the Virtual Railroading Review Show

Well worth the cost, IMHO, enjoyed the acts over and over. Well done and great equipment. I'll be looking forward to the SP - WC release.
    Regards, Pinpuller