Thread: Castle Rock unlock?

Default Castle Rock unlock?

We all know that before scenarios can be edited the route on which they exist must be in an unlocked state. In my experience, once a route has been unlocked by entering the World Editor and clicking on the padlock icon to open it, that route remains unlocked until I re-lock it. However, this does not seem to be the case with the Castle Rock route. I have opened it for the purpose of creating a new scenario on several occasions, but each time that I close RW to the desk top and open it again, I find Castle Rock locked again. Have any of you had this experience?

Tom Pallen

I have worked extensively with this route and never had it re-lock. Maybe something to do with how/when save is done.
    Regards - Dick
    i5 2500K$ 4.2ghz, GTX 750 2gb, 8gb of SkillFULL memory, A 700 watt power thingy, lots of cables
    Program to take screenie weenys from da puter. Bro, Dude, Man operator Murysville,Pa.

Quote Originally Posted by OTTODAD View Post
    Never here, using WIN-XP SP3 and doing nothing much else but work on routes.

There seems to be something strange going on with your computer, you also saying that not showing Ambient Sounds sources in the editors is being saved by your RW but not by my RW nor that of others ?

Is this one of the WIN O/S which requires full Administrator rights in all of a program's folders ?

O t t o
    My computer's OS is Windows 7. I have Steam set to "run as administrator". My User ID is set to Administrator.

You and others have written that your installations of RW running on your computers do not save the Ambient Sounds setting after quitting RW normally (that is, with the X in the RW window, not when running RW in a window and using that window's X to shut down. My computer did save the setting after being shut down normally (see above). I don't know how much clearer I can make that.

Tom Pallen

Everytime I updated or verify my cache and get new files Castle Rock is locked again.

A way to avoid the Steam lock is a clone by way of RS-Tools.
    Regards - Dick
    i5 2500K$ 4.2ghz, GTX 750 2gb, 8gb of SkillFULL memory, A 700 watt power thingy, lots of cables
    Program to take screenie weenys from da puter. Bro, Dude, Man operator Murysville,Pa.

I tried cloning Castle Rock route with RWTools and when I started RW up I got some crazy error about files missing from C:\dev\ and I can't remember the rest. But my Railworks is on D: drive. And RW would not start back up until I deleted the cloned route. I do have a licenced RW Tools also. I don't know what I am doing enough yet and I don't know what I am doing wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by artimrj View Post
    I tried cloning Castle Rock route with RW_Tools and when I started RW up I got some crazy error about files missing from C:\dev\ and I can't remember the rest. But my Railworks is on D: drive. And RW would not start back up until I deleted the cloned route. I do have a licensed RW Tools also. I don't know what I am doing enough yet and I don't know what I am doing wrong.
    Make a BACK-UP of the Railworks folder somewhere else on your HD when all of it is working as it should and if after updating RW from STEAM, I don't think that we shall see many more, you should have any problems with anything RW then simply restore it from the BACK-UP !

O t t o