Thread: Cab controls for Brit Kits SW1200 not mousable

Default Cab controls for Brit Kits SW1200 not mousable

Has anyone encountered a problem with the cab controls not responding to the mouse movement for the Brit Kits SW1200 EMD switcher?

I have tried re-loading, a repaint and check all the file for the "Cab View" and do see anything missing.

Thanks

Shawn

Hi I am afraid they don't work with the mouse. I have narrowed the problem down to the modelling programme I use, having followed all the help I have had from the sim's developers.

If and when I can afford 3D Studio max and spend the time learning how to use it, the problem will be solved.

Dick C.

Thanks for the responce Dick. The work you do is GREAT! Very realistic! I have operated an EMD SW6 for the Illinois Central.

Quote Originally Posted by kcjones View Post
    Hi I am afraid they don't work with the mouse. I have narrowed the problem down to the modelling programme I use, having followed all the help I have had from the sim's developers.

If and when I can afford 3D Studio max and spend the time learning how to use it, the problem will be solved.

Dick C.
    Dick
    Have you tried out Blender? It has similar features and complexity to Max, but is considerably cheaper (i.e free!). SteamPSI's exporter can handle the generation of the collision boxes needed for "mousable" controls. I used this to make the cabs for my F40PH and GP7.
    Dave B