Thread: How To Change Keyboard Commands

Default How To Change Keyboard Commands

I know where to find the files that map the keyboard commands but have no idea how to make changes.

Could someone please tell me how to customize and change keyboard commands? I know it can be done - I have the AD fix from Matt Peddlesden. It was so elegantly simple in MSTS....

Thanks, Barry

If your Railsimulator Source files, you should have an entry for kuju\RailSimulatorCore\InputMappers. If you want to change the default setting, you can use the blueprint editor to revise the file, and export to Railsimulator Kuju assets, then copy paste over to Railworks.

If you want to create a new version by adding commands or what ever, first make a copy of the source input mapper file with a new name, then use the Blueprint editor to revise/add commands, export and copy over to the Assets\Kuju\RailSimulatorCore\InputMappers in Railworks. Then for each engine that you want to use the new keyboard entries, you must edit the engine bin file by placing the name of the new mapper in the line for remappers.

<IntermediateRemapper d:type="cDeltaString">Doors_Intermediate</IntermediateRemapper>

This is what I did to allow my boxcars to have operating doors.

Default Thank you so much!

Dick, I really appreciate the prompt response and guidance. I will try this as soon as I can - I'm traveling for the day. With help like yours perhaps an old MSTS'er will be able to successfully morph into the RW world.

Thanks again, Barry