Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: MCSA Version 1.2 Beta

Default MCSA Version 1.2 Beta

Colleagues,

My first route, the MC&SA has been haunting many of you with some nagging bugs, most of which related to track rules. Here is a new version, finally, one which I hope will address and fix those issues.

The new version is intended to be the final release of this route - provided it runs okay, of course. The new version includes one of my new GN track textures and all other required assets, including the MCSA rolling stock.

EDIT: I reuploaded the beta after reading Dave's reply below. Turns out I had a few zero-byte text files in the scenario folders, which I assume were the cause for the RW package manager not working with the route download.

Here is the (new!) link to the beta files:
    http://www.humyo.com/9591921/Public/MCSA_125.zip

Please let me know if you run into any problems or if anything is missing from the zip.

By the way, I did not change the track rules of the road tiles, some of them still point to possibly non-existing user-built track rules in the Kuju-assets folders. However, I do not think this causes any problems when running the route, so I left it just like it is. The tracks.bin only points to my new GN-tracks.bin track rule, which is included with the upload.

Thank you!

Cheers!
    Michael
    Last edited by GreatNortherner; 03-25-2010 at 05:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GreatNortherner View Post
    Please let me know if you run into any problems or if anything is missing from the zip.
    I don't know what might be wrong, but when I have the RW installer attempt to install the Setup_Step1_Route-MCSA-Revised.rwp, it immediately reports a pop-up dialog "Batch operation failed/OK".

If it makes any difference, I do not have my Steam/RW directory in the "default C:" location. In my case, it can be found at T:\Steam\steamapps\common\railworks
    Dave

Confirmed.

You can open and extract an RWP file with WinZip or most other compression utilities, then manually install these by copying the extracted folder into the correct place. In this case there are four zero bytes files that it's choking on, the four highlighted text files. Any text file used for a marker has to have SOMETHING typed inside it, if it's empty it will be zero bytes and return these kind of errors.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: jpg 5.jpg (89.5 KB, 146 views)

I downloaded 4 times via my high speed humyo account and all four times, I cannot open in winzip 12. Any help please?

Denis

PS your bighorn file works fine.

You can't open MCSA_v12.zip at all? What error message are you getting? Right click the zip and select Properties, see if it's 22.6 megabytes.

Thank you all for your reports, looks like I'm finally on the right track with these two routes!

Denis, have you downloaded the corrected file too?

I changed the download link in my first post after reading about the zero-byte error, the new RWP should work okay now.

Cheers!
    Michael
    Last edited by GreatNortherner; 03-25-2010 at 08:24 AM.

Yeah, 7Zip isn't even opening up this zip file at all. WinRar won't either. Corrupt

Okay, with the latest one I'm getting a problem with WinZip 9.0:

Downloaded twice, won't open at all.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hi,

I just reuploaded the MCSA_121.zip, link and file name are the same as before.

Just checked, the zip on my PC is okay, something must have gone wrong during the upload last night. Sorry for that! I wish humyo had an ftp uploader and not only this strange Java-based 'web uploader'.

Cheers,
    Michael
    Last edited by GreatNortherner; 03-25-2010 at 05:57 PM.

Flatcars install ok from RWP. The route gives a Batch error. Doesn't the route have to have all of its contents inside the RWP? The flatcar RWP has everything in it.
    Regards - Dick
    i5 2500K$ 4.2ghz, GTX 750 2gb, 8gb of SkillFULL memory, A 700 watt power thingy, lots of cables
    Program to take screenie weenys from da puter. Bro, Dude, Man operator Murysville,Pa.