Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: MCSA Version 1.2 Beta

Hi,

This RW Package Manager is beginning to annoy me. What on earth is still in the RWP that will cause the installer to crash?

Anyhow, Thanks for your patience and helping me put all this together!

I put everything into the RW_Tools installer set now. I hope that it is working, as I cannot use RW_Tools to package the route itself, it gives me a file/path error, so I built the package manually using the assets installer exe.

Cheers!
    Michael
    Last edited by GreatNortherner; 03-25-2010 at 12:07 PM.

Just to let you know, yesterday's file was 22.3 megs and the new one is 22.6. I have no problems opening file. I use 7zip to open rpk and rwp files and manually add to railworks. I have so far been successful doing addons to railworks this way. I do not like the installer. I then clear the paks and everything seems to be there when I start railworks. I need to add some of Stephan payware before I add both routes.

Denis

Dunno if this is payware or just left out;

GreatNortherner\Allegheny\railvehicles\freight\fla tcar_40_old\genericbrown\wagon\flatcar_40_hvy_logs _gn.bin

Not in the zipfile.

Hi,

Thank you all once again for your tremendous help -- and your patience! There are still some missing files in the set, one was Jim Friedland's grain loader (used as woodchip loader on my route), the other were the flatcars. I put the wrong car into the rolling stock package. Sorry!!!

By the way, NO PAYWARE is required to run the route and the four free roam scenarios shipped with it. You only need some payware stuff to run the additional scenarios that still float around in the file library here.

So here is yet another beta package. This time, thanks to Otto's help, it is all in one big file based on the RW_Tools installer. Just click the exe and everything will be installed, including the rolling stock.

[B]Here is the new link:

Cheers!
    Michael
    Last edited by GreatNortherner; 03-25-2010 at 05:57 PM.

Still missing the following from the latest;

GreatNortherner\Allegheny\railvehicles\freight\fla tcar_40_old\genericbrown\wagon\:

flatcar_40_hvy_logs_gn.bin
    flatcar_40_old_crates2_gn.bin
    flatcar_40_old_logs_gn.bin
    flatcar_40_old_timber_gn.bin

Default packaging preferences

Quote Originally Posted by GreatNortherner View Post
    Hi,

Thank you all once again for your tremendous help -- and your patience! There are still some missing files in the set, one was Jim Friedland's grain loader (used as woodchip loader on my route), the other were the flatcars. I put the wrong car into the rolling stock package. Sorry!!!

By the way, NO PAYWARE is required to run the route and the four free roam scenarios shipped with it. You only need some payware stuff to run the additional scenarios that still float around in the file library here.

So here is yet another beta package. This time, thanks to Otto's help, it is all in one big file based on the RW_Tools installer. Just click the exe and everything will be installed, including the rolling stock.

Here is the new link:
    http://www.humyo.com/9591921/Public/MCSA_124.zip

Cheers!
    Michael
    Hi, Michael,

I am trying to sympathize with your dislike of the RW packager, even though I have had no problems with it to date. What I want to put in a word about is that I favor the RW packager over the RW_Tools packager for a very simple reason. If I've installed an RWP package, I can always uninstall it by simply identifying its name in the Package Manager list and clicking on Delete. If anything from that package is required by other routes or assets in my installation, Package Manager informs me of that and leaves those items in place. On the other hand, if I install a package with an EXE file and later want to install it, I have to go picking through the entire list of items installed and remove them one at a time--without having any idea whether something might still be required by other routes or assets! That makes removing something vital far too easy. So, when you finally get a clean and workable version of this new generation of the route, I hope that you will create a package using the RW method.

I'm also aware of Otto's preference for umpteen separate RW installations, but that is not my choice, so I don't want to be nagged about that.

One man's opinion.

Tom Pallen

Jim,

I checked (and also ran the installer once again to make sure), the four flatcars you listed above are included in the assets folder of version 124. Not sure what went wrong there.

Here is yet another beta. This time hopefully adding the last bits and pieces.
    http://www.humyo.com/9591921/Public/MCSA_125.zip

Tom, I see your point about the RW packager. It is just that it will not grab the required assets on its own, making it really difficult to assemble the set (especially as it crashes every now and then when I try to package RWPs with many assets in them.) I will give it some thought though, but first I need to get this beta versions mess sorted out.

Cheers!
    Michael

You will be unhappy to hear it still doesn't work correctly on my system. It loads up without error and RW_Tools shows nothing missing, but upon opening the first free roam scenario, I find the ground texture is actually black sky with moving clouds and there is a square lake (water texture) just behind the engine house and under some of the homes. The engine is not sitting on a visible track. I took a screenshot and would post it here, but it just shows black for all ground textures. Only some of the tracks and buildings show up. That could be due to a different problem. BTW: this is version 124
    Last edited by stresstool; 03-25-2010 at 06:12 PM. Reason: Add version number.
    Dave

Dave,

Yes, I am sorry for that bug! The terrain texturing.bin fell through in 124, 125 should fix that.

Cheers!
    Michael

Yep, version 125 is good. Excellent route. Very nicely done.
    Dave