Thread: How to convert .wav to .dav

Default How to convert .wav to .dav

OK, I appologize if this has been asked, but I searched and couldn't find anything.
    Is there a way to convert .wav files back into .dav files? I desperately want to fix the Chalanger whistle and bell sounds...IMHO they both need to be a bit throatier. I have converted the .dav to .wav and editied them more or less to my satisfaction, but I don't want to waste any more time and energy if there is no hope!

Thanks in advance,
    Gandalf

Smile Not to worry

You don't have to change them back to dav, just go into the XML file, find the sound your fixing, and the end of the file name, change dav to wav, and your good to go.

DavConverter will convert wav back to dav if so desired. Just run it in reverse. Most do as krellnut said and just edit the XML to put to a wav instead of dav. Dav is just a wav file with low level encryption.

Screenshot is wrong, file, and description is correct. Read the readme how to convert wav back to dav.
    http://uktrainsim.com/filelib-info.p...m_fileid=18204

Default Thanks!!

Thanks guys, so simple. Oh well, my curse is to complicate things as much as possible.
    Works like a charm!

Thanks again!

Gandalf
    Last edited by Gandalf; 03-28-2010 at 04:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    Thanks guys, so simple. Oh well, my curse is to complicate things as much as possible.
    Works like a charm!

Thanks again!

Gandalf
    We've all been there, and most of us still are in one way or another. Games/sims that invite users to modify and create new content is a never ending learning process. That's what these forums are for. Asking questions, getting help and swapping shop stories.

Hey everyone, I'm relatively new to railworks. I downloaded the B&'s mega horn pack. While I understand the basic concept of changine horns, I'm trying to change the horns on the RSC models like the Sherman Hill ES44AC, the Sherman Hill SD70M, as well as the SD70ACE. If anyone could tell me where to get good horns for them and how to change them, I'd really appreciate it. Thanks!

Kevin

I have a problem. I've been to replace default horn sounds with customized ones but they don't work. I've watched tons of videos and followed instructions of those who did it and got it to work but the default sound is still there. Even if I delete the default sound it still sounds. I even used the daconverter and tried to convert the other sounds to wav as well but that didn't work either. I'm thinking my best bet would be to convert the file from a wav back to a dav but I can't figure out how to change the inputs. I've googled and searched for YouTube videos hoping I could get instructions but can't find any.
    If someone could assist me that would be awesome. Thanks for your time.

please explain me step by step. i did not get that how to go into xml file.. please.