Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Utah Beta

Default Utah Beta

I just downloaded a new route posted today and attempted to install it.

RailWorks - RW Routes
    Railworks Route--Utah Beta 1

Name: utahbeta1.zip Size: 73,748,153 Date: 03-31-2010 Downloads: 17
    Railworks Route--Utah Beta 1.

I found some difficulties with this file.

1. No author is listed, so no one can contact her/him to get help with the difficulties in installing or running the route. I see no posts about Utah Beta here on the forum either so I can't contact him/her this way.

2. No README.TXT file is included so we can find out how to find missing stock, additional install details, author, etc.

3. Many of the scenarios in the file do not contain scanario.bin files and are thus unloadable/unrunable. RW_Tools reports them as incomplete and not runable. Those that are incomplete and unrunable are:

videconstruction
    nouvelle version
    ville2 diesel
    village
    villeus
    test editeur
    vide3
    montagne1 diesel
    usa
    tunnelv1
    aeroport
    pont suspendu 1
    villeus2
    libre
    village2
    grande forets
    vide2
    nouvelleville
    ville3 diesel
    cons2
    pont suspendu

Those that do have scenario.bin files and may run are

vide1
    vide4
    zone teste
    fin usa
    libre2

I haven't tested these yet as I don't have the missing stock and don't know were to get them.

4. What five scenarios that will run have missing stock, as reported by RW_Tools.

Missing Rolling Stock Used in this Route:
    RSC\SD40HnPack01\railvehicles\freight\ballast hopper\bn-1\ballasthopper.bin
    RSC\SD40HnPack01\railvehicles\freight\ballast hopper\bnsf\ballasthopper.bin
    RSC\SD40WnPack01\railvehicles\diesel\sd40-2w\cn-03\engine\sd40_2_wide_nc.bin

Does anyone know who "RSC" is as a developer? It may be possible to find this missing stock from "RSC" if I could identify him/her. OK ... OK ... I know that I am an "RSC" myself, but unless I created this stock in my sleep, it must be another RSC.

I would be happy to
    1. Loose the attitude
    2. Help the person who is working on this route as a beta tester to help get it up and running. I have done this with several others and enjoy it a great deal. Collaboration rules!
    3. In spite of others who warn me not to post my email address, I don't care and don't want to hide behind anonymity, so here is my email to the author if I can help:

BTW: Anyone else developing routes or scenarios, I would enjoy being a beta tester. Email me and I'll give you further contact information:

[email protected]

Quote [Does anyone know who "RSC" is as a developer? It may be possible to find this missing stock from "RSC" if I could identify him/her. OK ... OK ... I know that I am an "RSC" myself, but unless I created this stock in my sleep, it must be another RSC.]

It's Railsimulator . com

http://www.railsimulator.com/

They released the Wide Nose and High Nose SD40 packs a few weeks ago over here in the UK, these also included some rolling stock in the SD40HnPack01, namely, ballast car, boxcar and low gondola.
    You will obviously need to transfer their Geopdx files to future reskins and other downloaded stuff from 3rd party websites to get them to work properly.

May I be nosey and ask where you downloaded this Utah Beta layout from please ??

Cheerz. ex-railwayman.
    Last edited by ex-railwayman; 03-31-2010 at 11:38 AM. Reason: re-edit

Default nosey

You are not nosey at all. I downloaded it from this site (www.trainsim.com). It is in the newfiles section.

Dick

That RSC folder is for ralworks addons from steam (sd40 wide nose and high nose)

Fine, thank you Sir, I haven't been on their site yet today.

As a pure guess, and with the information you've stated, a lot of it looks French, so, I'll do a bit of surfing on their Rail Simulator websites and see if anyone has created a Utah Beta layout just recently. I'll also have a look on the British RailSim forums for the same information and attempt to help out if I can.
    Do you have the Payware SD40 locomotives from RailSim.com, as that would be the first step to getting the rolling stock issue resolved first of all??
    If not, and you don't want to purchase them, that's up to you of course, you'd then have to delete or exchange the missing items in your RW Tools for something else.

I'll keep you posted on this, someone else may chip in with other information in the meantime.

Cheerz. ex-railwayman.

Default Cn-03

Thanks for the reply. I have the RailWorks addon for the CN-wide engines. Somebody has apparently done a reskin for the "cn-03" and that is what I am looking for. I have the basic "default" engine here, just trying to find who did the reskin:

RSC\SD40WnPack01\railvehicles\diesel\sd40-2w\cn-03\engine\sd40_2_wide_nc.bin

My advice for any uploaded file without a Readme or contact name is to avoid it - it may look attractive, but you are probably going to get very frustrated trying to sort out the problems.
    Alan
    See this thread for my railway photos https://www.trainsim.com/vbts/showth...78#post1935978

Default Ballast Hopper

I also have the basic "Default" and "Bogies" for the SD40HnPack01. I am looking for the reskins of the bn-1 and bnsf models.

Does anyone have an idea where these are posted. I can't find them at trainsim.com

Dick

Hello again,

I've found the route, it's on the French website railsimulateur.com, this info. is on their forum - http://www.railsimulateur.com/forum/...php?p=580#p580

My French is only schoolboy I'm afraid, so, if you want to do a translation using Google, which is what I'd do anyway, then good luck....LOL

I will have a look to see if they've also released these wagons, failing that, they could be on any number of websites.....

Cheerz. ex.

Default Jessie James site

I check Jessie James site, and although he does have some reskins of the ballast rolling stock, it is not the particular ones called for in this route.

We are looking for the bn-1 and bnsf versions.

Dick