Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Raildriver Question

Default Raildriver Question

Before anyone says this should be in the Raildriver forums I wanted to just pose a question to all who use Raildriver and MSTS.

For those who use both of these systems, how many are planning to upgrade to Win 7? I upgraded and found that everything but Raildriver works. I phoned PI Engineering and they told me that they are not even considering to create Drivers to allow RD and Win 7 to work together. Now it looks like I'll have to upgrade to Win 7 Ultimate then get XP back.

I am thinking and hoping that if there are a large number of members here who use RD, MSTS, and planning to upgrade, I may talk to them and see if maybe they will reconsider and create the drivers for MSTS.
    Come visit us in Bellingham Washington
    www.bellinghamrailwaymuseum.org
    A small museum showing the railroad history of Whatcom County.

Thats unfortunate to hear, I use windows 7 and wanted to get a raildriver system. Can it be run in windows XP compatibility mode? I really hope to see a windows 7 driver in the future.
    Colin
    ---Colin Mucha---

Hi! The same thing happened to me when I upgraded to Vista. PEI Engineering wants nothing to do with Microsoft, so no drivers. I'm using RailDriver with RW, so I no longer have a problem. Hope you can get your system working okay. Cheers; Chuck F.

If you go to the Raildriver forum here, there is a series of posts about using Raildriver with both Vista and Windows 7. A clever fellow named Uhen (I believe) created a interface for RD for Vista originally, but I believe it has been successfully used with Windows 7 also.

Some of us, like me, have taken the easy way, and simply stuck with Windows XP. I am certain that defines me as a primative, but so be it, and that makes me a primative with NO problems with the OS. AA

Upgrading looks to be the easiest way. I looked at Ubens site but Since its in german I'll just upgrade.

Can I ask why this thread was moved?

I just upgraded and then have the virtual XP on my system, but when I try to load the Raildriver it says the PI Keyboard fails to load. This is from the disk that came with the Raildriver as well as the updates from the website. Does anyone have any ideas about this?

Hello there. The standard RailDriver software from the CD or our website cannot be run in a virtual XP environment. This virtual environment is not the same as a standard XP installation.

Users who wish to use Windows 7 and have XP for use with RD and MSTS might consider setting up a dual boot system.

I apologize for the confusion and inconvenience. Please feel free to contact us at [email protected] if you have any further questions or need clarification.

Raildriver works fine with Win 7 Ultimate 64bit, except for the 2 key macro's I posted earlier I have no probs with Railworks and Trainz 2010.
    Havent tried any other railsims tho.

Cool Raildriver and add on activity

Quote Originally Posted by CBF View Post
    Hi! The same thing happened to me when I upgraded to Vista. PEI Engineering wants nothing to do with Microsoft, so no drivers. I'm using RailDriver with RW, so I no longer have a problem. Hope you can get your system working okay. Cheers; Chuck F.
    Forgive me for being unlearned but are you not using windows xp? what type of activities are you downloading? maybe it will solve the problem that I share with others about RD and windows xp which is what I have.
    Last edited by mantonio131; 06-19-2010 at 09:16 PM. Reason: needed to rephrase question