Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: ScaleRail - New Versions Available

Smile ScaleRail - New Versions Available

New versions of ScaleRail for ATSF and SP are now available for public download. The Standard (default) version has also been updated with new models and textures. You'll find the downloads in the following post in the 3DTrains RS/RW Download forum:

http://www.3dtrains.com/forums/index...howtopic=17128

More toys coming. Work continues...
    3DTrains - Home of the Feather River and Sherman Hill routes for MSTS

Signature

Excellent news, Marc!

Thanks a lot for your hard work. I assume the ATSF version will be historically accurate for the Cajon Pass route? That would be a blast, getting rid of the concrete ties and backdating the appearance of the route.

Looking at the file sizes of the three SR downloads, am I right that each set is a stand-alone package?

Cheers!
    Michael

mkstarks Guest

Thanks for all the hard work you put in Marc.

Exclamation Marc: Typo?

Marc,

I can't thank you enough for your generosity. Having a nice selection of U.S. track will make RW much more enjoyable for me. I especially like having rail that has a base and real tie plates and spikes. I believe these will become the default tracks for my Alleghany route.

But, I think there may be a problem with the two packs released today.... the tracks weren't visible when I laid them in RW. I noticed that they installed to a new folder named "Networks" Looking in the bin and geometry files I noted the paths pointed to "Network". I moved the files and now all is well. Is there perhaps a typo in your installation code? An errant "s"?

Thanks,
    Tori

Smile Major oops!

Quote Originally Posted by Evictoria View Post
    But, I think there may be a problem with the two packs released today.... the tracks weren't visible when I laid them in RW. I noticed that they installed to a new folder named "Networks" Looking in the bin and geometry files I noted the paths pointed to "Network". I moved the files and now all is well. Is there perhaps a typo in your installation code? An errant "s"?
    Sorry Tori. I goofed-up the folder naming (again). Uploaded new versions just now.

As for the Cajon route...

This will be a freebie, and should be ready this week (I'm fixing the floating scenery as I find them).

Signature

Sweet cant wait marc Great job man. Now we just need some of your U boats

Like us on Facebook BN Productions and on youtube to see train simulator videos.
    https://www.facebook.com/BNProuctions/ https://www.youtube.com/c/BNSF650

Where Standard Gauge is 3 feet between the rails.

Stupid question from a stupid person: Do RW routes work in RS and vice-versa?

If so, I may have to break that RS disk out for this one...

Robert

Thumbs up

Marc, no prob. When you do a lot of this stuff, the exact names of things can get fuzzy. Many times I'm typing along in a blueprint and can't remember.... "Is that folder named Route or Routes? Sighhh, better go check... again! Why can't I remember this simple thing?!" LOL

Also, Marc, I forgot to rave, too, about the "high" ballast.... MUCH more realistic. Besides covering the center strip of bare ground, that extra elevation gives these tracks that U.S. look that I think a lot of folks have been wanting. I think your decision to offer freeware versions will help boost this game's popularity another notch or two for us "Yanks".

I wanted to also share something I noted about 2D vs. 3D tracks.... I examine new Assets on a new blank piece of terrain. I had various short pieces of track laid out, most with junctions, some scalerail, some not, and noticed that my frame rate was only 48fps. After deleting everything it rose to 60. I added a piece with junction of SanBar track... fps dropped to 59. Deleted that and added a piece with junction of the SP Freeware Scalerail... fps dropped to 56. The point here is that Scalerail is 3D track which, after all the talk on here, I thought was some horrible monster to avoid! It's not. In my ad-hoc "non-test" comparison, the difference of 3fps is certainly insignificant compared to the dramatic improvement in appearance. The track appearance is important to me... after all, what do we look at more than the track in front of us?

Quote Originally Posted by rdamurphy View Post
    Stupid question from a stupid person: Do RW routes work in RS and vice-versa?

If so, I may have to break that RS disk out for this one...

Robert
    The tracks work perfectly in both RS and RW, but unfortunately, the Cajon update will not. It will only work in the RW version.

Signature

Hello Marc,

Silly question, but, one I need to ask. When installing these through the set up application it asks where you want to put it and by default it goes to C:Programme files/Railworks, etc, etc. Does it automatically overwrite the tracks already in situ on various routes, Cajon Pass, etc, or does one have to do it manually using RW Tools please ??

Thanks.

ex-railwayman.