Thread: raildriver problem

Default raildriver problem

I have calibrated all the controls with the raildriver and msts. When I start the game and hit the "raildriver start/stop" button, I see this on the LED speedometer display: "- - -" I understand its a sign of the raildriver not working, and only the horn and bell buttons on the raildriver respond to the game. All the other controls on the raildriver make the game not respond to the raildriver. The raildriver works in the trainz game though. I have the latest BIN installed. I have reinstalled the raildriver a couple of times now and the problem presists. Any help because I want to get this up and running?

System specs:

2.4 ghz intel core duo
    3.00 GB of ram
    Nvidia GeForce 7900GS 256MB GDDR3 memory
    Visit my youtube
    channel! https://www.youtube.com/gotransitf59ph

The Etobicoke railfan

What's your operating system?
    Nick - Creator of the Virtual Railroading Review Show

Quote Originally Posted by Train-a-Mania View Post
    What's your operating system?
    Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005
    Visit my youtube
    channel! https://www.youtube.com/gotransitf59ph

The Etobicoke railfan

Actually, "---" means your RailDriver is working. You won't get that unless it has successfully hooked up to the game.

What's probably happening is your HUD is missing/blocked/changed in someway. The HUD is the little red display that usually resides in the upper right corner of your screen. It has to be exactly as RailDriver expects it to be. Here's an example of a common HUD problem, and a good HUD: click me.

If you have any further questions or need more help, please contact us at [email protected].

I realize this is an old post, but I just got Raildriver today in 2011 and solved this problem. It may be the correct answer to the next poor soul who comes along. It took me 3 hours and as many cups of coffee to solve it.

I disabled anti-aliasing on my video card (Nvidia), the hud letter display
    is not crisp with AA set to on. Raildriver can't read it. Haven't tried to restore my AA by adding it to the command line after train.exe.... Doubt there is any workaround on this though.