Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Horseshoe Curve Video

Looks like a winner!

@ 50 seconds - "Ouch!"

"My Life Is a Really Complicated Drinking Game"
    Check Out The Locomotive Airhorn Social Group!
    www.flickr.com/jeffreyramone

I likes!
    This is the older-era route, correct?

No, based on it only being 3 tracks and the GP9 there, not 1361, it would be at least '86-Present.

Default .

Quote Originally Posted by Trainguy14 View Post
    No, based on it only being 3 tracks and the GP9 there, not 1361, it would be at least '86-Present.
    That won't stop me from running lots of PRR stuff on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Trainguy14 View Post
    Route's alignment is based on the prototype post 1995 clearance project - Objects are appropriate for late Conrail and NS operations.

Great video Austin, really captured the feel of the east slope, nice to see it come to life

Quote Originally Posted by PennCentral1970 View Post
    That won't stop me from running lots of PRR stuff on it.
    Don't let MIKEinNE see that.

Now we will have a good route to run all of the pig trains. Like 22w 20q and all of the onthers.
    fly like an Eagle. If you can.

Thanks everyone, screen shots only go so far...so it was time for a video. I'll try to put together a complication video of the west slope in the next few weeks. I can only do 10 minute segments on youtube. I'm not the best for video editing, but it will do.

Yes the era is pre CR/NS merger to present. But the older 4 track configuration and PRR dose have its appeal as well.

Planing on a trip over to PA this weekend for some reference gathering and to take my little guy on his first Horseshoe experience. I think I was about 3 years old the first time I was there.

Currently I am starting scenery at Altoona which is the last spot yet to do. At the rate this route has progressed I am anticipating having it done around late July/August sometime. I started the route at the first of the year, so I've made some good progress. There is still a lot of work to do yet.
    Blue Ridge Rails
    Current Project: Horseshoe Curve "Altoona to Johnstown"
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Blue-R...13143028719693

Quote Originally Posted by CSX4878 View Post
    Don't let MIKEinNE see that.
    Caswell, I did see it and shall remind you that you should run the PRR equipment on the PRR version of the curve (Prr-ER); no offense to Austin!!!!!!![Shameless Route promotion} It may well be caswell does not know that a PRR version of the curve exists.
    Last edited by MIKEinNE; 05-06-2010 at 09:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MIKEinNE View Post
    I did see it and shall remind you that you should run the PRR equipment on the PRR version of the curve; no offense to Austin!!!!!!!
    None taken, the PRR version is for just that. But like any route we will see anything on it...I still cringe when I see Thomas making his way up the Pokey (leaving confusion and delay in his wake). LOL
    Blue Ridge Rails
    Current Project: Horseshoe Curve "Altoona to Johnstown"
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Blue-R...13143028719693