Thread: Merging Routes

Question Merging Routes

I've seen few topics on it. However, they seem very incomplete to me. Could anyone provide detail instructions on how to do it. Please and thank you.

Lightbulb Merge Routes? You Need Route_Riter to do that.

Download the Route_Riter help files and if you're really planning to attempt this, download Route_Riter also.

In the TrainSim File Library:
    Name: rr7539fu.zip Size: 13,242,238 Date: 12-11-2009 Downloads: 2,599
    MSTS Route-Riter. This is a fully updated version of Route Riter which includes a consist editor and the ability to read activity files and display/edit loose consists. Thumbnails of all rolling stock can be displayed and a 3D view of any consist can be displayed on screen (except in the case of Windows 7). v7.5.39 by Mike Simpson.
    The latest Route_Riter version and the Help files are here: http://www.rstools.info/route_riter.html

The instructions on how to get the REQUIRED help file is in the Read Me.
    Last edited by Vince; 05-08-2010 at 04:16 PM.
    ............Vince ..............
    ...... Author NECv4 .......
    .... LIRR BUILD PHOTOS ....
    .............LIRR VIDEO.............
    ...... Eschew Obsfucation ......

On the The Statue of Liberty in New York Harbor there is a Tablet. On it is written:
    "Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
    the wretched refuse of your teeming shore, send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me,
    I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

Alot depends on the size of the routes you want to merge as well as the number of interactives; additionally you will need a large dose of luck. Merging signal systems can be difficult, although R/R is said to be able to handle this.

Quote Originally Posted by UPAmtrak1 View Post
    I've seen few topics on it. However, they seem very incomplete to me. Could anyone provide detail instructions on how to do it. Please and thank you.
    How "complete" you need depends on your MSTS experience/knowledge level. This is the general procedure that I have used:
    https://www.trainsim.com/vbts/showth...69147#poststop

regards,
    charlie

In terms of route knowledge, probably basic maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by UPAmtrak1 View Post
    In terms of route knowledge, probably basic maybe.
    I'll repeat this link; at the top of the page, download it. There's no great detail in it, but you need to be comfortable with the philosophy of the whole thing. I used that as a guide and then developed my own detailed approach. Details will vary from route to route.
    http://hawkdawg.com/MSTS/tuts/chuck/merge.htm

Pay some real attention the PREPARE YOURSELF part; get some experience. Folks on this forum can help with the hard spots...

regards,
    charlie

Thanks for all the advice guys. I think until I have more time on my hands I'll put a hold on this project.