Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hagarstown Maryland's Hidden Steam Gem

Quote Originally Posted by fleegle411 View Post
    202 was (and apparently, still is) dedicated to the children of Hagerstown, so that is why they want to return her to the park when not in use and may be the reason why she can't leave city limits
    I can guarantee the "children of Hagerstown" would much rather see this thing run rather than just look at it! The sad thing is, I'll bet most of the little children of Hagerstown don't give a rat's behind about it. Sounds like another one of those ridiculous city ordinances made by power happy high strung idiots! What a shame! Close to operational steam locomotives are few and far between, and that fact that people who don't appreciate history and don't feel like dealing with it are going to keep a real gem off the rails!
    R.I.P. (rotting in pieces) 202,
    Sam

Northern Virginia, United States of America

Quote Originally Posted by sp#4449 View Post
    I can guarantee the "children of Hagerstown" would much rather see this thing run rather than just look at it! The sad thing is, I'll bet most of the little children of Hagerstown don't give a rat's behind about it. Sounds like another one of those ridiculous city ordinances made by power happy high strung idiots! What a shame! Close to operational steam locomotives are few and far between, and that fact that people who don't appreciate history and don't feel like dealing with it are going to keep a real gem off the rails!
    R.I.P. (rotting in pieces) 202,
    Sam
    I believe that the Locomotive was Dedicated to the Children of Hagerstown when it went into the park in the 1950s. I think if the cash came in, 202 could run by 2012 (Which is the goal of the folks restoring her)