Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: Continuous Welded Rail Train

Quote Originally Posted by hiball 3985 View Post
    I thought I understood, but now I'm not sure. Here are two pictures of the CWR empty transport .con and the CWR loaded transport .con that came in the BEW CR gondola consist files. Are you saying these work cars shouldn't be on these transport consists?

Quote Originally Posted by hiball 3985 View Post
    Steve,
    Thanks for the additional information. Somewhere I failed to communicate my question correctly. I shall try again.

1. I understand about the use of the gondolas.

2. What I'm trying to find out is concerning the loaded and empty TRANSPORT consists that have the CR gondolas. They also have the support cars. So I'm asking whether or not the TRANSPORT trains should have the support cars as supplied in the BEW CR gondola consist folder. Or could it be either way?

Thanks Jim
    They are correct for the intended purpose.

CWR Loaded Transport = A loaded Rail train transporting rail and work cars to a new job site, "Transporting" the work cars. (Notice position of Guides on forward Threader car...Down/transport position)

CWR Empty Transport = An empty Rail Train returning from a job site when job completed, "Transporting" the work cars. (Notice position of Guides on forward Threader car...down/transport position)

In steve's CR_828F.zip, were (4) similar consists, (2 standard, and 2 with BEW cars):

CWR train Loaded = Loaded Rail train moving rail to or from a "working" job site, but not "transporting" the work cars.

CWR train Empty = Empty Rail train transporting Empty cars to or from a "working" job site, but not "transporting" the work cars.

Then in my set I also included 3 more Consists (6 including the BEW variants):
    -One for pickin up old rail. (Notice Position of Guides on Threader car...Up/Raised for guiding rail into rollers)
    -One for dropping new rail. (Note position of Guides on forward Threader...Up/Raised for pulling rail from rack)
    -and, One of just the work cars, which can be used as a "template", or could represent the "work cars" being transported to a new job site, or to a facility for maintainance.

There are dozens of variations that can be created, and still be accurate. There are also more cars that would be used, that I did not model...

If I had know that providing some "basic consists" (which I felt were named properly to describe what they are..) to help people get started using these cars would cause so much confusion, ....edited....
    Last edited by kingconrail76; 07-29-2010 at 05:57 PM.
    Steven

Thanks Steven,
    WHO?? Me confused, never! LOL But seriously, I really like the set. Well done

Jim