Thread: Drawbridges

westdetroit Guest

Question Drawbridges

I'll look around but I haven't seen anything on drawbridges. Does RW have working drawbridges? I need to put in four total on my route. I could make them as just scenery items but if RW allows working ones that would add realism to the route. Thanks in advance.

If you get creative you can, make an invisble track length, and set up the draw bridge as an animated level crossing, and have the bridge trigger to lower or raise at each point.
    Brave the forest, brave the stone,
    Brave the icy winds and fire,
    Braved and beat them on my own,
    Yet I'm helpless by the river.

westdetroit Guest

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Trainguy76 View Post
    If you get creative you can, make an invisble track length, and set up the draw bridge as an animated level crossing, and have the bridge trigger to lower or raise at each point.
    Thank you. That sounds like a good plan.

Where Standard Gauge is 3 feet between the rails.

http://nklj.se/xtracks/

See very bottom of page, also, search FL for "Rick Lamp", and you'll find the draw bridges...

Robert

I think that's for MSTS Robert.
    Brave the forest, brave the stone,
    Brave the icy winds and fire,
    Braved and beat them on my own,
    Yet I'm helpless by the river.

Where Standard Gauge is 3 feet between the rails.

OOOPS! <blushes...>

Robert

Default drawbridge

I have made a working swing bridge, but haven't had the time to figure out how to signal thru it. It can be set to "open" in a scenario, and you have to throw it to align the bridge. This is based on the turntable blueprint. haven't tried the lift span yet, the vertical animation might work?

westdetroit Guest

Quote Originally Posted by livercup View Post
    I have made a working swing bridge, but haven't had the time to figure out how to signal thru it. It can be set to "open" in a scenario, and you have to throw it to align the bridge. This is based on the turntable blueprint. haven't tried the lift span yet, the vertical animation might work?
    Thank you. I'm weighing all the options. Same here as far as time goes but I'm thinking ahead on things and wanted to know if it was possible. My first three projects are an interlocking tower that my dad worked at, roads then the bridges. So not to awful far away. I'm thinking (but only off the top of my head), something along the lines of two invisble tracks, one for the actual track and the other to represent boat traffic that cross each to shunt the signals but need to animate the bridge at the same time. I know one bridge will be a lift and I believe the one on the Chicago line in Toledo is a swing.