Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ASM ir folder

Default ASM ir folder

Hello everybody, I wanted to drive Indian locos as I am a huge fan of India Railways. I downloaded the pack of the 3 locos namely WDM 3D, WDM 3A and WDP4. When I opened the 'readme' file in the ZIP folder, it said "unzip folder in ASM ir folder". Can you tell me what this folder is? Does it need to be created by us? If so where???? And before I download such files and run them on MSTS, are there things that need to be taken care of first??? Please help me.Thanks.

Default ASM ir folder

Anybody?? IR fans??

All of the associated Indian zip files (that I have used) are placed into one of three folders.

ASM IR Coach
    ASM IR Freight
    ASM IR Loco

That means that if that folder does not exist, create it and place the appropriate files into it. Then move that folder into you Trains/Trainset folder. I'm assuming that you now know your Train Simulator folder...

If you could provide the Zip file name, it may be different that previously said...

Default ASM ir folder

yes I have created the folder in TRAINS/TRAINSET of MSTS main folder.Then I unzip the files into this folder rite? Is that all,will the locos be available in the game?

Not necessarily... They can only be used if called by a Consist from a Route or in Explore mode IF you make a Consist for that Locomotive. They will not show up in your Explore selection without a Consist. If you have installed a Route that has a Consist that calls for one of these Locomotives, then yes, it can be used.

You do sound as if you are going way too fast beyond you knowledge of Train Simulator. Please stop making additions until you understand the consequences.

Default ASM ir folder

Yes,that's right . .Actually I do have kuju rail simulator butm I also wanted to experience Indian locomotives for which I bought MSTS. Please, instruct me how I can acheive it,the possible steps I mean,like the consist section and all that.

Sorry, but I would not even try to explain to a beginner how and why to do things in MSTS. You really need to slow down and read up before you destroy your current installation.

See several links above on this forum - beginners guide to MSTS and several other links. If you are looking for information on a particular subject, then your welcome to ask.

MSTS has many idiosyncrasies that have to be followed if you don't want problems. This forum is NOT the place to continue to request beginners help. You have to do some reading/research on your own first.

Default ASM ir folder

ok sorry. Can you atleast give me some useful links where I can read and get to know the basics?

There are several links to beginner advice at the top of this forum. In addition - regarding Consists, here is a tutorial on that subject. There are many tutorials on this site - explore at will...

http://msts.steam4me.net/tutorials/consists.html