Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: GE 44 Tonner Sounds?

Hi Paul,

Right you are about North Walpole being a great place to end a route! And (in the great minds think alike department) it turns out that a Green Mountain/ Vermont Rail System route is indeed under construction - by Max Brisben. I've been helping a little.

Another place that would be a great place to begin or end a route is Claremont Junction! (speaking of 44 tonners . . . ) And the Conn River Line itself has noteworthy locations like White River Junction and Bellows Falls. Model the right era and you'd have to figure out how to do ball signals in msts! Shawn Kelley has ideas of doing the Conn River line, but I don't think it's high on his list.

(and getting back on topic, the B&M used 44 tonners to switch Bellows Falls and North Walpole)

Christopher

Hi Christopher,

If there were more hours in a day I'd seriously consider Brattleboro to White River Junction, hardest part would be desiding between the early 80s (pre-Guilford when I was still railfanning down that way) and late '50s (would be nice to run a CV Texan from WRJ to Brattleboro, turn on the wye and run another freight back to WRJ... oh, and there were C&C 44 tonners active during both eras!

Paul :-)

Yes, the more hours in a day dilemma! Which I share or I'd do it too! I've so far made a strategic decision that my time is better used collaborating than going alone. But if I do go it alone, this line would be my first.

You right, it's not high up on my list, as it will be part of the B&M West End route.

The MEC Mt. Division is my highest priority/concern, Maybe someday.

Maybe somebody could start by uploading a decent set of sounds for the 44-tonner?
    Pretty please? Or, to quote a 1980's Billy Crystal comedy routine, "Wheeeeeennn??"

Why don't you just get some good 17000 Cat sounds , use Erick's method of staggering them for dual engines - - I'm quite sure he won't mind - and when you're done I'm positive that we will all enjoy your work .
    I don't really think it's a cake walk but give it a try .

Because I'm too busy writing utilities like tgr2mkrb.zip,bushgen1.zip and
    msts2kml.zip (which last needs lots more work)

Default Hmmmm....

"sounds" like everyone ran off to build routes. Well, someone uploaded some real good track sounds. In mp3 format. Now, all I have to do is split them up into twenty files and replace the boring ... What's that file name?
    Hey, I'm 50 tomorrow. Wheeeee! or is that oui? or wee.

Time to change my wife's diaper. Have fun, kids. When you're at the pc, we don't have to worry you'll get run over by a drunk driver. But, would someone ~please~ clean the screen? There's only one.

Since GE 44-tonners use several different type of diesel engines, I guess it would depend upon which engine the 44-tonner happens to be equipped with and see if there are any sounds for that engine-I don't know if there are any sounds for Caterpillar diesel engines (the prime movers most 44-tonners use).