Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: editing step for a newbie

Question editing step for a newbie

I would like to substitute a different set of engines in an existing default scenario. Ones that have dynamic brake sounds and other unheard of luxuries. I have tried to edit the scenario in question, but the edit feature in this case seems to be blanked out or unavailable. enlighten me. how could this best be accomplished?

weeping with frustration, but best wishes,

Yardlimit.

You need to enter the world editor in that route, and "unlock" it with the padlock in the bottom right corner.
    Brave the forest, brave the stone,
    Brave the icy winds and fire,
    Braved and beat them on my own,
    Yet I'm helpless by the river.

Wink

I have no idea how to enter the world editor with relation to the scenario in question.
    I really need basics here. never seen the process.

Wink

This is where id give kuju a lesson in technical writing they'd never forget.

Once reaching the create link as is suggested in the doc, I am asked to give it a name. very well.
    Then it suggests this new name will be available in the world editor. no such found.

My initial endeavor was to edit a scenaio, not a route. gasping for oxygen at this point.

I started writing a scenario creation tutorial, see if this helps you out.

http://vnerrforums.com/rwforums/viewforum.php?f=14
    Bob Artim
    Owner of Railworks America
    6th gen i7 [email protected] - 16 gig ram - nVidia 970 with 4 gig - 5Tb of HDDs - Water cooled - Win 10 - Dual Samsung S24D390 HD monitors

Wow. This is extremely helpful. Anyone trying to do this with the publisher's bare bones pdf manual might as well blow their brains out right now.

Ok. I got the route unlocked, and I got into the scenario editing tools. I'm still reading your stuff. Is there a way you can summarize how to get rid of an existing two engine lashup and substitute another, and save as a separete scenario?

Well if you get rid of the existing engines all of their instructions are going to be gone also. To atually swap out engines like your asking and still have the scenario work you need a 3rd party utility call RW_Tools by Mike Simpson.

Found here http://www.rstools.info/index.html

then of course you will need to learn how to use it. It is also shareware and only works 21 times until you make a monetary donation via Paypal.

RW_Tools lets you CLONE a scenario then you can swap out the engines init and still have the original scenario in tact.

My tutorial helped you get to where you are I am glad it did. So you may as well keep on going and write a new scenario using the equipment you wanted.
    Bob Artim
    6th gen i7 [email protected] - 16 gig ram - nVidia 970 with 4 gig - 5Tb of HDDs - Water cooled - Win 10 - Dual Samsung S24D390 HD monitors

YardLimit does not want to create scenarios he wants to change locos in consists.

Freeroam scenarios services locos can be changed by simply replacing them with another.

Standard scenarios services locos can not be replaced in the Scenario Tools editor, but the Donationware RW_Tools can do it.

I would suggest that you read all the manuals you can lay your hands on, in particular those in the RAILWORKS\MANUALS folder and also read as many threads on the subject which concern what you want to do as well as what is here: http://www.railsimdownloads.com/wiki/tiki-index.php

You can not use the EDIT function for a route until after you have unlocked access to the Editors !

This below should get you started !

O t t o

All of that is the first part of my tutorial.
    Bob Artim

Quote Originally Posted by artimrj View Post
    All of that is the first part of my tutorial.
    Sorry, but I got my own way of explaining RW matters to newbies !

O t t o