Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Default coil car attempt

Default Default coil car attempt

Man I hate those default coil cars. Low and behold a train goes by the other day with some CSX versions of almost the same thing! I'll be painting up a set of 3 or 4 different versions I have photos of. Here is the first one. I used the default textures but added some things to fabricate the likeness. The most tedious part was changing the color of the numbers.

Here's a screenshot and the photo I used.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Bob Artim
    Owner of Railworks America
    6th gen i7 [email protected] - 16 gig ram - nVidia 970 with 4 gig - 5Tb of HDDs - Water cooled - Win 10 - Dual Samsung S24D390 HD monitors

Here is another one and it's real photo.
    Bob Artim
    6th gen i7 [email protected] - 16 gig ram - nVidia 970 with 4 gig - 5Tb of HDDs - Water cooled - Win 10 - Dual Samsung S24D390 HD monitors

Thumbs up

Very nice job there.
    Brave the forest, brave the stone,
    Brave the icy winds and fire,
    Braved and beat them on my own,
    Yet I'm helpless by the river.

Last one for the night, eyes are starting to go buggy.
    Bob Artim

These look very nice indeed Bob, many thanks.

Cheerz. ex-railwayman

Quote Originally Posted by artimrj View Post
    Man I hate those default coil cars. Low and behold a train goes by the other day with some CSX versions of almost the same thing! I'll be painting up a set of 3 or 4 different versions I have photos of. Here is the first one. I used the default textures but added some things to fabricate the likeness. The most tedious part was changing the color of the numbers.

Here's a screenshot and the photo I used.
    Please don't think I'm discouraging your creativity, but if you get tired of repainting coils, take a look at some of Jessie James' repaints. I agree that the two originals are pretty tiresome when a long train is the goal.

Tom Pallen

Quote Originally Posted by pallent View Post
    Please don't think I'm discouraging your creativity, but if you get tired of repainting coils, take a look at some of Jessie James' repaints. I agree that the two originals are pretty tiresome when a long train is the goal.

Tom Pallen
    I am tired of repainting coils thats for sure. I made 7 of them. I did look at Jesse's repaints, he doesn't use autonumbering, just photos. I like the idea of getting more than 1 car out of a repaint. Maybe you'll like mine better, maybe you won't, but at least we have a choice now.
    Bob Artim

Here is the final set. I uploaded them, be in the library when they get there. I ended up making 7 of them. I have more pictures but they are of the double cover ones. Besides I think that's enough coil cars for CSX.

Thanks for the encouragement guys! Getting ready for the P&LE line.
    Bob Artim

These are excellent Bob, thank you. I wondered if you could do some for the other routes we already have, Barstow-San Bernardino, Colton & Northern, Port Ogden & Chicago, Ft. Kent, Bay of Quinte, BN Big Horn Subdivision, etc, etc.

Cheerz. ex-railwayman.

Thumbs up

these are very nice models.