Thread: Ray Reyes? Ted Curphey?

Default Ray Reyes? Ted Curphey?

If there is a better place for this, mods please move it.

I am trying to contact Ray Reyes about using woodbrdg.zip in my Cascade upgrade. Unfortunately, his email supplied in the readme is no longer working (my email bounced). Is he present at this forum, or is there another way I can contact him?

The same goes for Ted Curphey. I couldn't find an email in his readme for log-trk1.zip, which I would also like to use. Is he at this forum?
    ~Sean Kelly~

MRL Mullan Pass for ORTS
    https://www.trainsimulations.net/mullanpass

Ted Curphey doesn't really spell it out in his add-on's 'Read_Me' files, but provided you are using his vehicles unaltered on new freeware routes as 3rd party objects, he is fine with that.

I got in contact with him over three years ago asking for permission to reskin some of his freight cars. His answer back was a short <quote> Reskin them all <unquote>. I got the distinct feeling from the answer that way too many people were emailing him for permissions.

Quote Originally Posted by cp5513 View Post
    Ted Curphey doesn't really spell it out in his add-on's 'Read_Me' files, but provided you are using his vehicles unaltered on new freeware routes as 3rd party objects, he is fine with that.

I got in contact with him over three years ago asking for permission to reskin some of his freight cars. His answer back was a short <quote> Reskin them all <unquote>. I got the distinct feeling from the answer that way too many people were emailing him for permissions.
    Which is why I often put, Just give credit.

I get enough emails as is, on other topics of the stuff I release, along with spam.

Quote Originally Posted by cp5513 View Post
    ...provided you are using his vehicles unaltered on new freeware routes as 3rd party objects, he is fine with that.
    Well, that doesn't exactly cover my situation.

This is a freeware upgrade to an old payware route. (Before people ask, I've already contacted Andy about it.)

I'm being very careful about using stuff especially since it is in fact an upgrade to a payware route.
    ~Sean Kelly~

MRL Mullan Pass for ORTS

We can add to this list Steve Thompson. I want to be able to use his logs in 5biglogs.zip, but he hasn't answered my email.

This looks like it's going to be harder than I thought.
    ~Sean Kelly~

MRL Mullan Pass for ORTS

Sorry guys that you haven't been able to reach me. My old [email protected] email address is no longer active. You should try to reach me at [email protected] Generally I allow people to reskin and add my stuff to routes so long as they give me credit for the original items. Once in a great while I'll deny certain people doing horrible repaints on my models, but that doesn't always stop them. So go ahead with the project you were working on.

Maybe it's time to have a sticky listing people who have changed their mind over their original EULA's (e.g. they didn't specify reskinning with credit but no longer want the emails)?