Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819

Thread: CR 1984 Detroit to Toledo and Jackson Screen shots

westdetroit Guest

Quote Originally Posted by johnmckenzie View Post
    Wow! This looks like a real labour of love, westedtroit!
    Thank you John. My father retired as a tower operator here in the States so I grew up around railroading my whole life. I worked there for a minute too. I'm trying to replicate all that I know and experienced, as much as possible.

westdetroit Guest

Hi all. As mentioned in my route creation thread, I went up to the Detroit Public Library today to get more pics of the blueprints to the Michigan Central Depot and on the way there my wife and I swung by the Detroit-Windsor tunnel and the MC Depot to get more pics for texturing. Here are some of those pics and if one would like to see more can follow this link: https://www.trainsim.com/vbts/showth...06#post1678706
    I have a comparison shot of the "real" tunnel mouth to the one on my route. Enjoy!

The route tunnel mouth to the "real" one. Note that I have not created the structure yet but the tracks are layed. This is a 2.07% decent. It's 1.5% up on the other side. Also, since my route is based in '84 one will notice "extra" tracks which has since been torn up. Also notice the yellow over green signal for the track to the left. This is actually an yellow over flashing green for an approaching train:

An approaching CP train crossing over to the track with the yellow over flashing green. This is due to the fact that only the left bore was enlarged to handle high cars. Noticed the stopped train to the right. He's no doubt stopped at CP Scotten waiting for a route through West Detroit:

The infamous Michigan Central Depot:

To be continued.........

westdetroit Guest

.......Continuing

A few of the blueprints that I'm working with to create the model of the Michigan Central Depot:

Take care all.

westdetroit Guest

Hi all. This is to go along with my route creation thread. Here's the MC Depot model so far. Getting there. I have the Concourse, Main Waiting Room, Carriage Entrance and trimmings left.

Main entrance:

East end:

Entrance from train sheds:

West End/Carriage Entrance:

Take care all.

Looks good James, the pics of the split-rail power derails in that interlocking are interesting.
    Asus Maximus VI Extreme Intel Z87, Intel Core i7-4770K, Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB PC3-19200 (2400MHz), EVGA GeForce GTX TITAN SuperClocked, Samsung 840 Pro Series 128GB SSD (Windows 8.1 Pro 64)/Samsung 840 Pro Series 256GB SSD (Programs), CaseLabs Merlin SM8 with Corsair AX1200 PSU

westdetroit Guest

Hi all. I'm still working on the MC Depot. Here's my progress so far. A lot of work "sifting through over 200 pics of the original blueprints and piecing and planning the model. Sorry for the "stair step" effect. I have to contact my "IT personal" to help with adjusting my antialiasing. lol Take care.

Main entrance and waiting room:

Up close view of the columns. Note that the end pieces are square and the inside are circular. Lots of detailing!:

East end:

Entrance from train sheds:

West end:

westdetroit Guest

Hi all. Since apparently there's one individual having issues with how long screen shots are taking to load I've decided to start a new screen shot thread which can be found here: https://www.trainsim.com/vbts/showth...15#post1681015

Take care all.