Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast

Thread: Screenshots.

Quote Originally Posted by haverfordwest View Post
    I don't think they did much racing, Harold.

I doubt the quality of the track laying was up to it buddy.

As far as i know most track out in the sticks, was laid sleepers straight on the ground.
    Track gangs had pride in their work and "yahoo" railroading is a misconception of early railroading.

The track was usually top notch and high speeds were common.

Harold
    Last edited by hminky; 05-13-2019 at 07:20 PM.

Strange that considering nearly every photo of railroads in the era your screenie depicts.

Shows the track bed laid straight onto the ground, particularly the further west they went.

Including a lot of the transcontinental west of Chicago.
    The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt

It's the alignment that allows speed. It was common at the first to use dirt ballast with a "crown" to help with drainage. (The "crown" being a practice that was eventually phased out on account of its tendency to break ties, i.e. "sleepers".) Bear in mind the engines and equipment of the day were quite lightweight, comparatively speaking.

By "racing", that would mean upwards of 30 MPH... not the speeds that we see possible in today's railroading. However, even 30 MPH would be "racing" compared to what a horse, or horse and wagon, could attain, and most importantly, sustain, to cross such vastness.

"Racing" is a relative term.

Hello Harold,

I have seen your screenshots and the places looks very realistic... I am doing a route from Mexico using Google maps to provide the most realism possible...

I notice you are using a very impressive vegetation (weeds) next to the tracks... Is it possible that you can share this shapes (weeds) to add more realism to my route I will really appreciate!???

Thanks and regards,

Enviado desde mi SM-A720F mediante Tapatalk

Thank you for the explanation, Andre.

The Daylight (Sydney - Melbourne) calls at Yass Junction NSW.

The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt

Wow very nice pictures of trains in Australia above. I like the overall with scenery, tracks including buildings and trains too.

-- John

Thank you John, very good of you to say so buddy.

Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by haverfordwest View Post

Lovely screenshots Mike, but, it all looks very washed out, is it possible to darken the game up a bit, or, utilise darker grass
    and ground textures?

Has anyone got Dermmy's BNSF Clovis Sub route working in TZ19, I still have all of his routes on USB stick somewhere, just wondered what that looked like in the game these days?

Cheerz. Steve.
    i5 4690 3.5 GHz Quad Core CPU, Gigabyte Z97-HD3, 16GB RAM, nVidia GTX1060 6GB, WIN 7 PRO 64-bit.

Thank you Steve, yes buddy. i just cannot be bothered to fiddle with the enviroment settings.

I will have a tweak of the Auzzie route, see what you think.

All the grass textures can be bulk replaced in Surveyor Steve.

By far the best route editor of all the train games. It is just the driving experience that lets all the Trainz versions down.

There is a thread on the N3V forum about the Clovis Sub in TRS19.

https://forums.auran.com/trainz/show...is-subdivision

Cheers,

Mike.