Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Screenshots.

Harold --

Did the GWR really construct such locomotives?
    _____

"trainboi1" has a great series of freeware locomotives on his web site. Here is Yosemite Valley Railroad #26 2-6-0 Mogul on the Lilliput Logger:

No Phil, built by outside contractors.

GWR realised their mistake and from then onwards took all loco building in house.
    The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt

Quote Originally Posted by philskene View Post
    Harold --

Did the GWR really construct such locomotives?
    _____
    Hi Phil,

Quick question - trying to get my feet wet with videos - what are you using to process your video ? I've been playing with "Open Shot" (Free/Open Source) and it keeps giving me issues...

Thanks...

Regards,
    Scott

Hi Scott --

I'm using Shotcut. Freeware. The documentation is woeful but there are many good youtube tutorials.

I've tried quite a few editors and I'm honestly not sure if it's the best or worst (or maybe they are all equally bad) but it does all that I want -- video and audio cuts and pastes, fade in/out, transitions, multiple audio and video tracks, text, ... . Adding text was the hardest to master.

I'm still a little unsure about the Export function. By default it saves as a mp4 and does so reasonably quickly. The original of that video was made with FARPS, a 29 GB avi. Putting it all together took me maybe 15 or 20 minutes and then the compression to a 1.2 GB mp4 took about 10 minutes.

I've tired with only limited success to save to a more highly compressed HECV x265 file. I'm still experimenting.

Maybe try it and see if it works for you. After all, it's free.

Phil

Quote Originally Posted by philskene View Post
    Hi Scott --

I'm using Shotcut. Freeware. The documentation is woeful but there are many good youtube tutorials.

I've tried quite a few editors and I'm honestly not sure if it's the best or worst (or maybe they are all equally bad) but it does all that I want -- video and audio cuts and pastes, fade in/out, transitions, multiple audio and video tracks, text, ... . Adding text was the hardest to master.

I'm still a little unsure about the Export function. By default it saves as a mp4 and does so reasonably quickly. The original of that video was made with FARPS, a 29 GB avi. Putting it all together took me maybe 15 or 20 minutes and then the compression to a 1.2 GB mp4 took about 10 minutes.

I've tired with only limited success to save to a more highly compressed HECV x265 file. I'm still experimenting.

Maybe try it and see if it works for you. After all, it's free.

Phil
    Hi Phil,

Much obliged - sir - you certainly make some nice videos... Yeah - I'm just using NVidia ShadowPlay video capture tool - saves the file as MP4... I thought my file size might have been the cause of some of my issues - as I'm playing with 1.5 to 2.0 GB at 2560x1440 resolution files most of the time... Yep - not wanting to do anything fancy - just piece together clips from different videos - fades - some captions... I'll take a gander - thanks again !!!

As a side note - that's a gorgeous locomotive - I'd love to see someone make the Yosemite Valley - Marc Nelson and I chatted over it several times through the years - as he once publicly mentioned possibly taking it on - imagine the Yosemite Valley on par with his Feather River - just wow...

Regards,
    Scott
    Last edited by scottb613; 05-03-2019 at 09:51 AM.

There is a Yosemite Valley on DLS, an older route but good.

<kuid:187625:100618> YVRR Jan 2014

http://www.chainsawjunction.com/image/taned_024.jpg

Here being updated with better vegetation.

Harold
    Last edited by hminky; 05-03-2019 at 10:58 AM.

The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt

VR Golbourn Route.

Steve Flanders has put his broad gauge procedural track up on his website.

http://www.ballynagarrick.net/ing4trainz/index.htm

Great stuff
    Harold