Thread: RD Train Fix

Default RD Train Fix

When running the calibrate function in the RD Train Fix program and the popup dialog box says to leave the handles "In the lower end position", What is meant by "Lower end position"?

Should the reverser be placed in Forward, neutral or Reverse?
    Should the throttle be placed in Full Throttle, idle or Full Dynamic?
    Should the Automatic brake be placed in Full Release or Emergency?
    Should the Independent be placed in Full Apply or Full Release?

This is a great program for those of us who would like to use our Rail Driver under Windows 7, unfortunately some things are getting lost in the translation from German to English

Rich S.

Standard "Park" position for all the raildriver calibrations AFAIK;

Reverser - neutral
    Throttle - idle
    Train brake - full on (NOT in emergency, all the way to the stop just before emergency)
    Independent brake - full release
    Wiper and headlight switches - off.

Hi Jim,
    Thanks for the reply I received a official reply from the author of the RDTrain fix program. When you press the calibrate button on the RDTrain Fix application, the author wants you to move all levers back and forth several times (not all at the same time but one at a time) and then
    leave the:
    • Reverser in reverse
    • Throttle in full throttle position
    • Automatic brake in the release position
    • Independent brake in the release position

The second popup dialog box in the calibrate function will then ask you to bail off the independent. The third popup dialog box will again ask you to move all the levers one at a time but this time,
    leave the:
    • Reverser in forward
    • Throttle in full dynamic position
    • Automatic brake in the emergency position
    • Independent brake in the Full application position.
    After doing this all levers except the throttle seem to be functioning properly. As for the throttle on the dash 9 I cannot get past notch 4, but I'm making progress

Rich S.

Good post Richard. You are right about something being lost in translation. Now if I could just figure out how to use the "zero range" function. My throttle factor for the Dash 9 is 5.

RD Train Fix is a great program. Thanks Udo. My only problem is with the engines that have dynamic braking. This is where I think the "zero range" function comes in.

Agree with Rich S. Language is a BIG problem. Does anyone know of a totally English prog?
    Many of us are looking for some way to be able to use our Rail Driver in MSTS under Windows 7 64bit.
    Am very unhappy that after all this time PI Industries has nothing but promises for an update.
    Ed B.

Quote Originally Posted by simriver View Post
    ...skip...
    Am very unhappy that after all this time PI Industries has nothing but promises for an update.
    Ed B.
    When I inquired with P.I. Industries last year about them developing a 64-bit version of RD for MSTS, I received a reply to the effect that they have absolutely no intention of doing anything more with MSTS. They indicated in their reply to me that their efforts are being focused on RailWorks.

There seems to be a feeling amongst some of our members that P.I. has deserted its original following... the one that got them off the ground in the first place. My personal opinion is that as long as MSTS still maintains a vibrant interest in the train sim community, it should continue to be supported; especially since so many computers are coming out with 64-bit O/S these days.

RD Train Fix is nice (and I have the registered version), but in my view it doesn't quite cut the mustard.

As far as my feelings about P.I., I am very disappointed to have spent $200 on an RD unit that became obsolete with the next generation O/S. Shame on P.I. for abandoning their original MSTS customers!
    RoadMaster259
    "I love steel thunder"
    Blogspot: https://rockymountainsimulations.blo...mulations.html

I still use XP currently, so I can use my RailDriver...

...however...

I often don't because the controls don't respond quickly (yes, I have calibrated my unit). Also, I will eventually need to upgrade to Windows 7.

Also, what about when Open Rails surpasses MSTS? Will they help us out then?

I do find it discouraging that P.I. has not come here to address these issues.
    Nick - Creator of the Virtual Railroading Review Show