Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Any Route, Any Railroad, Any Era, Trainz Edition

Northern Virginia, United States of America

Default Any Route, Any Railroad, Any Era, Trainz Edition

I thought I'd help Kick-off the new Trainz Screenshots forum by starting this thread, and to make it legal; I've included one of my own screenshots.

As the Title states: ANY screenshot from ANY route and ANY era is welcome.
    Last edited by fleegle411; 08-04-2010 at 02:02 PM.

I'll play.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: jpg 1.jpg (89.9 KB, 45 views)
    • File Type: jpg 2.jpg (93.1 KB, 40 views)
    Artificial intelligence is no substitute for natural stupidity.

Nice shots!

Thank you Sir. My first ever released route.
    • File Type: jpg 3.jpg (95.4 KB, 43 views)
    Artificial intelligence is no substitute for natural stupidity.

Is that first picture Strasburg RR? I downloaded one on MSTS years ago and enjoyed it very much. Brings back childhood memories.

Quote Originally Posted by Long Island Rails View Post
    Is that first picture Strasburg RR? I downloaded one on MSTS years ago and enjoyed it very much. Brings back childhood memories.
    Yes, that is my Trainz replication of the Strasburg Railroad, I'd like to finish up the last of the basic texturing and put the route on the DLS soon but I don't quite know how to make a CDP pack and I still use TRS2004, time seems to be running out...

As for the MSTS Version of the Strasburg Railroad, I've been working with Train-a-Mania on a scenery upgrade for the route.

For 2004 you need to move it into the \Auran\TRS2004\World\Custom folder (for a route it would be \Auran\TRS2004\World\Custom\maps) if it isn't already there, then go to \Auran\TRS2004 and fire up contentdispatcher.exe to save it as a CDP. After that https://www.auran.com//planetauran/l...rl=YC_main.php and log in to upload. Lot easier with the TS2010 Content Mangler, at least on days when the DLS is in a good mood.

Well, any railroad, hey? Working on cabview kitbashing, so here's a few WIP shotz;

Original GE44ton cabview, I think this was made for a Commodore 64 back in the dark ages.

Kitbashed with parts from the generic SW cab. Having finally figured out how to do that, I can kitbash a decent RS cab using the original RS cabview and the same SW parts;

So now I'm working on Alco RS3 reskins at last, a bit too shiny so I've parked the original on the IndustRail route for seasoning.

Gotta hear back from Phil if he likes the IndustRail paint scheme or not, does he always disappear for a week or two after releasing a new route?
    • File Type: jpg 1.jpg (39.6 KB, 146 views)
    • File Type: jpg 2.jpg (49.9 KB, 146 views)
    • File Type: jpg 3.jpg (46.6 KB, 143 views)
    • File Type: jpg 4.jpg (94.8 KB, 146 views)

Quote Originally Posted by sniper297 View Post
    For 2004 you need to move it into the \Auran\TRS2004\World\Custom folder (for a route it would be \Auran\TRS2004\World\Custom\maps) if it isn't already there, then go to \Auran\TRS2004 and fire up contentdispatcher.exe to save it as a CDP. After that https://www.auran.com//planetauran/l...rl=YC_main.php and log in to upload.
    I see, one quick question; Will the route dissappear from my routes list after I save it as a CDP?

No, when you save a CDP it's similar to making a ZIP or RAR file, it copies the files and folders, doesn't move them. It's a good way to make backups, if your route gets corrupted you can reinstall it from a backup CDP file.

OK, Thanks!