Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Any Route, Any Railroad, Any Era, Trainz Edition

Eric, you are gonna make me truly want to buy this game, but I know I won't be able to run it on my computer.

Wink You still trying to sell me this busted old toy train game?

Hee-hee, I've been joking about Trainz with Phil ever since he left MSTS and "went over to the dark side", but other than the ugly switches this is really a pretty decent looking trainsim. AI traffic operations are leagues ahead of any competition, which is why I'm here. As for system specs;

Windows XP (SP3)
    1GB RAM
    Pentium D 3.4GHz (or equivalent)
    nVidia Geforce 7200/128MB (or equivalent)
    15GB Free Hard Drive Space

Note it says "or equivalent", I have a Pentium D duo core 2.8ghz, which gives me the effective speed of a 3.4ghz single core, so I just meet the minimum specs. Eric's route probably wouldn't run too good on mine tho.

Default Oops.

Forgot, this is the screenshot forum, supposed to be posting screenshots instead of system specs.

Port Ogden & Northern on the Port Ogden & Northern, of course! Uploaded the custom dependency for these tonight, when that shows up these teakettles are ready to go too. PO&N freight cars are already on the DLS.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: jpg 1.jpg (73.7 KB, 160 views)
    • File Type: jpg 2.jpg (94.3 KB, 161 views)

Northern Virginia, United States of America

Nice shots. I don't mind some disscussion about a screenshot or what have you, I have no objection to a little disscussion in here.
    By the way; have you had a look at Ben Neals "Generic" locomotives on his site? (http://steammachine.com/bdaneal/gbdl.htm) He just released some SD-7s and SD-9s, and if some of those steam cabs will work with your Raildriver; there's plenty of options (I kinda' wonder what a PO&N 2-8-8-2 would look like...)

yea, and on USLW theres some BN SD9s (with or without Bacon :P)
    P.S. yes, it really says bacon...

Sniper, How on earth do you still own a Windows XP?
    You are very lucky, I am actually jealous.

Default Old fossil

Frankly I'd rather have 98SE, but new stuff won't run on that anymore. Funny thing, when I first bought 98SE I didn't buy the full version, I bought the update version - which is actually the full version but it checked for a previous version of Windows that qualified you as a Windows owner during installation. I built a new AMD Palomino system back in 2003 and couldn't find the old Windows 95 disk, so I gave it a shot - stuck the old DOS based Windows 3.1 diskette into the 3 1/2 inch floppy drive and pointed the verifier at that, 98SE said "yup, that's a previous version of Windows all right" and went ahead and installed.

Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: jpg 0.jpg (23.8 KB, 151 views)