Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Raildriver and PRR-ER mini route Trains

Exclamation Raildriver and PRR-ER mini route Trains

Greetings, Need help in getting Raildriver to operate with PRR-ER mini route trains. Upon startup Locos and Cabcars upload nicely with HUD and sound intact. Suddenly many white batch files fly across the screen like migrating Geese, Starting train the sim's cab throttle and IND brake handle start to shift back and forth on their own contrary to the Raildriver's ops. I had a train to keep moving even after a brake application. I'm wondering if MSTS bin has anything to do with this issue helping it or no. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Moe Antonio
    Retired Foreman UPRR

Quote Originally Posted by mantonio131 View Post
    I'm wondering if MSTS bin has anything to do with this issue helping it or no. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Moe Antonio
    Hi Moe,
    When you installed MSTS bin did you copy the string.dll from the
    C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Train Simulator\Rail Driver DLLs\EN folder to your
    C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Train Simulator folder and answer "YES" to over write the existing file?

Rich S.

Like I said in the other thread;

https://www.trainsim.com/vbts/showthread.php?t=294795

What you're probably seeing is not "white batch files", that's the BIN debug information, something that was added to the F5 key with BIN.

Screen look something like that? I can duplicate what you're talking about by painting a small area of a boxcar bright red;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LMIcBPg9Ycw

So if there are any bright red scenery objects or train cars on that route, need to tone down the color a bit.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by sniper297 View Post
    Like I said in the other thread;

https://www.trainsim.com/vbts/showthread.php?t=294795

What you're probably seeing is not "white batch files", that's the BIN debug information, something that was added to the F5 key with BIN.

Screen look something like that? I can duplicate what you're talking about by painting a small area of a boxcar bright red;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LMIcBPg9Ycw

So if there are any bright red scenery objects or train cars on that route, need to tone down the color a bit.
    Hey sniper, Learn something new daily. This is exactly whats taking place, just got to figure out toning down color as you stated, but the main thing is getting the RD and sim's controls in sync per Mr. Rich's instructions here.
    Really appreciate your help and support sir.

Moe Antonio
    Retired Foreman UPRR

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Hi Moe,
    C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Train Simulator\Rail Driver DLLs\EN folder to your
    C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Train Simulator folder and answer "YES" to over write the existing file?
    Mr.Rich, whats good Sir!, appreciate your help here guy. I'll get right to these instructions as I believe I forgot to apply this important process. Get back with you on results. Thank You much sir.

Moe Antonio
    Retired Foreman UPRR

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Hi Moe,
    Hey Rich, I been pretty busy over the past days but I did copy the string.dll from the raildriver dlls EN folder to my PRR simulator folder but that did not help it. What's going on now is the train moves independently back and forth with the throttle moving on its own all contrary to the Raildriver. I'm not aware of how to tone down the color on a route never had to do that before. Thanks for your reply.

Moe Antonio
    Retired Foreman UPRR

Start with isolating the problem - run the default GP38 on Marias Pass, does it do it there? If not, run explore route with the default GP38 on the PRR route. Does that trigger it? Yes, try moving to a different starting point on the route, see if it does it in just one area. No, then it's not the route - try explore route on the default Marias Pass using whatever engine does it on the PRR, if it also does it on Marias then that engine has a problem.

Process of elimination, eliminate all the possible causes that are not the problem, whatever's left is the problem. You didn't mention which engine and where on the PRR route you are, or is it all engines on any route?

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by sniper297 View Post
    Start with isolating the problem - run the default GP38 on Marias Pass, does it do it there? If not, run explore route with the default GP38 on the PRR route. Does that trigger it? Yes, try moving to a different starting point on the route, see if it does it in just one area. No, then it's not the route - try explore route on the default Marias Pass using whatever engine does it on the PRR, if it also does it on Marias then that engine has a problem.

Process of elimination, eliminate all the possible causes that are not the problem, whatever's left is the problem. You didn't mention which engine and where on the PRR route you are, or is it all engines on any route?
    The sniper297 in the house! Here's where things are, this "Mis-synchronization" problem is with any and all engines concerning the PRR-ER only, not only that, there's jerking animation. While running an explore route MBTA cabcar consist the train went into a forward and reverse move on its own, same action with Activity Trains. The PRR sim is pretty much governing itself contrary to raildriver. This I find very strange as this ailment originated just last month I've had the route for a while now and never this problem. MSTS operates fine with the Raildriver without having to refresh or recalibrate every run. I'll try the GP38 default again on the PRR, Other than that, What say ye now my friend sniper? I always respect and appreciate your help and support sir.

Moe Antonio
    Retired Foreman UPRR

" MSTS operates fine with the Raildriver", just to make sure we got this straight, you're running PRR as a mini route, and;

1. The problem does NOT occur in the regular MSTS installation,
    2. It does occur only in the PRR mini route?

Do you have other mini route setups, and do they work? Do you have BIN installed in both the PRR mini route and the regular MSTS installation?

http://raildriver.com/support/raildriver.php#msts

Bottom half of that covers possible causes if you're getting the same problem everywhere, but if you have a regular MSTS install and it works there, and doesn't work in the PRR mini route, then the problem is somewhere in the PRR mini route. If the default GP38 works (and make sure you have the engine in RD manager set for GP38) then the engine physics for the ones you're trying to run aren't compatible with RD. I've seen that before, mega realistic physics tweaks that work great when you drive with the keyboard or mouse, but too complicated for RD and I gotta copy the basic ENG file parameters to overwrite the tweaks. If the GP38 works in the regular MSTS but not the PRR mini route, then something is wrong in the GUI folders or DLL for the mini route. Copying the entire GUI folder and string.dll file from the one that works to the one that don't work should fix it if that's the problem.

Jim, I am at sea on RD because, although I own RD, I have not used it in 5 or 6 years because I am uncomfortable using it. As long as the route runs with the keyboard, we are happy with it. In other words, this is one issue we are unable to offer any advice. in fact, the issue has never come up in our private forum so we await the outcome of the discussion with some interest.
    Last edited by MIKEinNE; 08-21-2010 at 02:44 PM.