Thread: Inten City!

Cool Inten City!

Phil made a new route, AI traffic playground, Inten City is intensity all right.

Look for IntenCity 1a, <kuid2:69871:2032:1> and the session (with two way AI traffic at FIVE MINUTE! intervals! ) IntenCity 1a Session 1, <kuid2:69871:2033:1> in your TRS2010 Content Manager or on the DLS.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: jpg 1.jpg (88.6 KB, 82 views)
    • File Type: jpg 2.jpg (67.9 KB, 82 views)
    • File Type: jpg 3.jpg (81.9 KB, 82 views)
    • File Type: jpg 4.jpg (58.6 KB, 82 views)
    • File Type: jpg 5.jpg (78.3 KB, 82 views)

Wink Okay, so it ain't perfect.

Backing out of a yard on the wrong track, got into a standoff with one AI train - the bridges are designed to trip for the engine, apparently, since this lift bridge wouldn't come down until the engine got near it.

One of the best features and the least advertised about Trainz, you can take off your engineer's hat and put on a dispatcher's hat, untangle the traffic jam by ordering the AI train to stop or back up, then put your engineer's hat back on and continue. Where have you been all my life.

Tell him to continue schedule, wuffo he ain't moving?

Because there's some INTELLIGENCE in the Artificial Intelligence, he's waiting for the opposing AI to pass so he don't create another traffic jam, THEN he goes.

Pull off the main at the next yard, the guy following passes me after another opposing AI passes in the other direction. Small route, lots of action, easy on the framerates, nice work, Phil!
    • File Type: jpg 6.jpg (72.2 KB, 82 views)
    • File Type: jpg 7.jpg (42.3 KB, 85 views)
    • File Type: jpg 8.jpg (92.0 KB, 82 views)
    • File Type: jpg 9.jpg (95.3 KB, 82 views)
    • File Type: jpg 10.jpg (65.8 KB, 82 views)

Northern Virginia, United States of America

Quote Originally Posted by sniper297 View Post

Backing out of a yard on the wrong track, got into a standoff with one AI train - the bridges are designed to trip for the engine, apparently, since this lift bridge wouldn't come down until the engine got near it.
    Was the switch set against you when you backed out of the yard? I believe that the lift bridge (tenbridge2 if I'm not mistaken) is set up like a grade crossing and backing through a switch set against you could cause the bridge to stay up like that.

That could have been it, I didn't look at which way the switch was thrown when I was backing out. Fortunately they use invisible track so I didn't dump the train into the drink. Further adventures, took my first experiment with AI traffic and merged it with IntenCity to make a new route (ridiculously easy to merge routes in Trainz, was it only three years ago I was going thru all those gyrations with TStools trying to merge MSTS PO&N with part of Marias Pass?). Couple pics of my section;

Gotta set up some AI on the new route now, see how it runs between sections.
    • File Type: jpg 1.jpg (74.0 KB, 68 views)
    • File Type: jpg 2.jpg (76.5 KB, 68 views)

Northern Virginia, United States of America

That could have been it, I didn't look at which way the switch was thrown when I was backing out. Fortunately they use invisible track so I didn't dump the train into the drink.
    If you didn't throw the switch before taking the above shot, then I'd say that's what happened.
    Last edited by fleegle411; 08-08-2010 at 11:19 PM.