Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Piedmont NC Route has missing shapes

Default Piedmont NC Route has missing shapes

I get this error saying that JP2HillHold50m,s could not be found. Nor could I find it in one the built-in routes. Where can I get it? The person who released this route should've been aware of what could've been missing.

Quote Originally Posted by diesel9 View Post
    I get this error saying that JP2HillHold50m,s could not be found. Nor could I find it in one the built-in routes. Where can I get it? The person who released this route should've been aware of what could've been missing.
    That's a default shape of MSTS (Japan2 route). You are the first person to complain of missing this shape.

Joe

now I'm getting errors for OEPylon.s and JP2HIllHold50m.s saying that there's no exteded shape data for those files. and now it says I need the .ace files.

No errors from mine at all! Smooth running!
    Mike Singleton
    OVS #15
    Administrative Assistant OVSrails
    BTO,ATO Certified,NERRCDE1

may be the download idk but it took me 3 hours and I don't feel like waiting that long again

Default Default Shapes Missing

Quote Originally Posted by diesel9 View Post
    may be the download idk but it took me 3 hours and I don't feel like waiting that long again
    FYI, all those shapes you listed are DEFAULT MSTS SHAPES and are normally copied into a downloaded route by a batch (bat) file.

They are usually NOT part of a downloaded route!

Was there a .bat to run in the install instructions?

Routes in the File Library normally copy the default shapes from the users MSTS.
    This is why the default routes are needed for route installs.

Oh edit add: Route_Riter will fix this condition.
    The route DOES run a batch file to copy shapes.
    If you're running Vista or 7 you need to setup special conditions so the batch file works correctly. (See PC Tech Forum stickys)
    From the install readme
    1. Before you begin, perform the following checklist:

[ ] Do you have Microsoft Train Simulator - with all 6 of its default routes - installed?
    [ ] Do you have Release 38 or greater of the Tsection.dat file, available in the download library at <www.trainsim.com>?
    [ ] Do you have the most recent version of NewRoads installed, available in the download library at <www.trainsim.com>?
    [ ] Do you have the most recent version of ScaleRail installed, available at <www.3dtrains.com/forums/index.php?showforum=63>?
    [ ] Do you have the most recent version of ScaleRoad installed, available at <www.3dtrains.com/forums/index.php?showforum=63>?
    [ ] Do you have MSTS Bin ver. 1.7 or greater installed?

If you answer "Yes" to all of the above questions, you should be good-to-go for installing the route.

2. Make a sub-folder in your ROUTES folder called ncrr_v2.

3. Unzip the files in the ncrr_v2.zip file into the ROUTES\ncrr_v2 folder you just made.

4. Run the installme.bat file. This will transfer necessary default files from your MSTS installation to the route.

5. You need five zip files from the included "TRAINSET Files to Install" folder. Follow the installation instructions provided in each of these zip files to make the engines and cars available in the TRAINSET folder of your MSTS installation. These zip files will add the following necessary rolling stock so that you can run the three tutorial activities included:
    Last edited by Vince; 08-17-2010 at 10:57 PM.
    ............Vince ..............
    ...... Author NECv4 .......
    .... LIRR BUILD PHOTOS ....
    .............LIRR VIDEO.............
    ...... Eschew Obsfucation ......

On the The Statue of Liberty in New York Harbor there is a Tablet. On it is written:
    "Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
    the wretched refuse of your teeming shore, send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me,
    I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

I have Route Riter now I don't kno wat to do

It works but now this comes up

Global\shapes\fwyl1wna500lr100r.s

Can't be found.

While I didn't care much for the sparse scenery on this route, I had it up and running without an issue by following the directions!

Its been said a thousand times on this msg board.... follow the directions! Considering the route works for everyone else we can do nothing but assume you've failed to follow the directions.

Operator error......

Route runs fine here too. Only issues I had was a scale road .ace file missing which was found and place in the correct folder in the route.

Try running your .bat file again.... Or run the route through Route Riter.
    Anthony