Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Comet V cab car or Arrow III?

Quote Originally Posted by ottotrain View Post
    Well, you know what kingconrail76, I was only trying to wonder if you wanted something realistic. Because I rode on the real thing. So if you change your mind, I'll find out how to upload it. I'll be waiting for an answer.
    What does that even mean? "trying to wonder"? Huh? "realistic" is subjective, in the eye of the beholder... Why not post some screenshots of whatever it is you're talking about and we'll be the judges of what's realistic. I think you'll find a lot of the adults around here have ridden real trains too, and some have even driven them... Last time I checked, "kingconrail76" wasn't in charge of uploads here (although I can't disagree with anything he's said), so go ahead and upload. But beware, there better not be any copyrighted material used without permission, or you're going to find yourself in a whole mess of trouble...

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by MP36PH3S View Post
    Arrow IIIs have been made but not published - there are a few videos of them on Youtube. Comet V cabcars come with the Comet megapack on this website (you may want to alias the cab to the Comet IV cabcars the cabviews are crappy and don't look anything like the real Comet V cab). If you create an eng file for a Comet V and change the shape file and ace files, it may work - the SEPTA cabcar experiment I tried using the same process worked, but the orange and black face does not look good with SEPTA stripes.
    You can make sure that's the truth. The comet megapack is corrupt, It's cabview is NOT working.

Quote Originally Posted by ottotrain View Post
    Shut up. I'm only trying to be helpful you dang idiot. I'm still trying to find out to take pictures of shape viewer, so shut your big mouth. Kingconrail76 is just a bossy person, and I'm only...... I'll keep that to my own words.
    I think we can see the maturity level we're dealing with here... You're supposedly creating a model of an Arrow III but you can't take a screenshot? I can only imagine how 'realistic' it's going to be. I'm all in favor of youngsters taking on modeling projects, but your attitude leaves something to be desired. We're here to HELP, but if you just try to start an argument, you're not going to find it very friendly.

The thing you need to consider is that "kingconrail76" and I have actually produced ORIGINAL models and textures that are shared here. We're trying to give you some advice that others before you have not listened to.

First, check your grammar and your attitude around here. This message board and website is frequented by ADULTS who believe that using good grammar and making posts which MAKE SENSE is a way of showing respect for the other members around here.

Second, and listen carefully, the Arrow III models that were shown on YouTube were based on a model that was a) not accurate for an Arrow III (so not 'realistic') and b) were copyrighted material (by NALW) and the author of those cars had NO PERMISSION to upload them here, and that would extend to anyone else who got hold of them

Third, and I'm reiterating my previous warning because it seems you don't listen: there better not be any copyrighted material used without permission in anything you upload or you're going to find yourself in trouble...

Go ahead and prove me wrong, please, I challenge you. Produce a wonderful, original Arrow III model, or get the proper permissions to upload a repaint. Just follow the rules, that's all I'm asking.

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by mestevet View Post
    I think we can see the maturity level we're dealing with here... You're supposedly creating a model of an Arrow III but you can't take a screenshot? I can only imagine how 'realistic' it's going to be. I'm all in favor of youngsters taking on modeling projects, but your attitude leaves something to be desired. We're here to HELP, but if you just try to start an argument, you're not going to find it very friendly.

The thing you need to consider is that "kingconrail76" and I have actually produced ORIGINAL models and textures that are shared here. We're trying to give you some advice that others before you have not listened to.

First, check your grammar and your attitude around here. This message board and website is frequented by ADULTS who believe that using good grammar and making posts which MAKE SENSE is a way of showing respect for the other members around here.

Second, and listen carefully, the Arrow III models that were shown on YouTube were based on a model that was a) not accurate for an Arrow III (so not 'realistic') and b) were copyrighted material (by NALW) and the author of those cars had NO PERMISSION to upload them here, and that would extend to anyone else who got hold of them

Third, and I'm reiterating my previous warning because it seems you don't listen: there better not be any copyrighted material used without permission in anything you upload or you're going to find yourself in trouble...

Go ahead and prove me wrong, please, I challenge you. Produce a wonderful, original Arrow III model, or get the proper permissions to upload a repaint. Just follow the rules, that's all I'm asking.

Steve
    Dude, if you were trying to help, you could have just said so. If I say sorry, could we be friends? I don't feel correct with my friend NJT arrow telling me that he wants an arrow iii megapack and me saying I could help and yet you keep posting hate comments at me. So cut it out please or no projects from me. And I ain't trying to be rude but I can't post an arrow iii. UCVGABE could help me. Before you ask who on earth is he, he gives me links for cool trains. So don't dare ask for an MTA Silverliner from me. Because I'm giving it to him.

Dude, if you were trying to help, you could have just said so. If I say sorry, could we be friends? I don't feel correct with my friend NJT arrow telling me that he wants an arrow iii megapack and me saying I could help and yet you keep posting hate comments at me. So cut it out please or no projects from me. And I ain't trying to be rude but I can't post an arrow iii. UCVGABE could help me. Before you ask who on earth is he, he gives me links for cool trains. So don't dare ask for an MTA Silverliner from me. Because I'm giving it to him. And I'm no youngster. My age will not be disclosed. Let's just be friends and get this over with, I'm sorry for all I'd done unless you decide to pick on other members that I'm buddies with.

This isn't a place to make friends vs. enemies, Michael. Playing the "I'm not going to let you have my trains" takeaway game with respected members of the community is going to gain you little support from anyone. I've been posting here since I was 13 years old (thats nearly seven years), and have had very little problems with other users. Why is that? It's because I realized early on that this is a place to come for professional advice, and in order to utilize that advice, I needed to meet the other users on their level. If you want to look for help on your model, you need to stop with the childish antics and take things one step at a time. As mentioned above, if you are new enough to the community that you don't have MSTS Bin or know how to take a screen shot, then modelling is most likely a bit out of your league for the time being. I haven't even dabbled with modeling before because its such a daunting pain in the ass to be able to come up with something that will be widely popular among other users. So don't let this frustrate you, it can all be accomplished, but as with all things, good things take time, patience and a little bit of maturity.
    Jon Clark - Butler, Pa

Default How to take a screenshot...

The "How To..." from this website on creating screenshots:
    https://www.trainsim.com/howto/scree...creenshots.htm

And for Shape Viewer specifically, directly from the "Help" files available through the Shape Viewer Help menu:
    ShapeViewerHelp.jpg
    And remember that the display graphics in Shape Viewer may actually be better than in MSTS.

So now let's see screenshots. No one has asked for copies of your models, but I think we'd all like to see what they look like.

Any of my original models that I care to share get uploaded to the file library here on TrainSim. I only pass out beta/test copies of my work to folks I know and trust. And, I have no Arrow III model, as I stated earlier in this very thread:
    https://www.trainsim.com/vbts/showth...35#post1621935

Steve

Is the Black Pearl back in port again?
    Chuck Schneider
    Chief Cook and Bottle Washer (Virtual CEO)
    North American (Virtual) Locomotive Works

Quote Originally Posted by chucksc View Post
    Is the Black Pearl back in port again?
    Aye, I'm afraid so Cap'n. Prepare to repel boarders...

Steve

Yo Ho Ho and a bottle of Rum me hearties....

look at what i found over in the Auran section...
    https://www.trainsim.com/vbts/showth...6479-NJT-Arrow

P.S. don't tell Werner Von Braun and his rocket scientist buddies that a "search for new posts' will find them no matter where they try to hide their posts....

MOD - is there anyway we can ban this bozo? i thought Nels had locked out the nort' joisie ip they were using before?????
    Chuck Schneider
    Chief Cook and Bottle Washer (Virtual CEO)
    North American (Virtual) Locomotive Works