Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Switching cabs 101

Did you install the main MSTS from the 2 CD's according to the tutorial in the PC_Tech section of this forum?
    Did you set the correct user permissions for the Bin installation?

If not, you are in for a world of hurt.
    https://www.trainsim.com/vbts/showth...-or-64-bits-OS.
    Last edited by Vince; 06-02-2011 at 08:37 PM.
    ............Vince ..............
    ...... Author NECv4 .......
    .... LIRR BUILD PHOTOS ....
    .............LIRR VIDEO.............
    ...... Eschew Obsfucation ......

On the The Statue of Liberty in New York Harbor there is a Tablet. On it is written:
    "Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
    the wretched refuse of your teeming shore, send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me,
    I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

well idont have windows 7 so idk whats going on

Lightbulb When All Else Fails - - Read The Instructions.

david7002. well idont have windows 7 so idk whats going on
    Okay David,
    I understand no Win7 or Vista. I just assume noobs have Win7 but if you don't, that's a very good thing and saves you a whole lot of trouble.

Then you probably did not install Bin correctly.
    Why would I say this? I sincerely say this not to annoy you.
    It's because of the simple fact that you failed to copy in the dialog.dll and string.dll, which ARE clearly spelled out in the install instructions.

Since it is evident that you didn't bother to read the instructions you possibly have other missed steps as well but that is impossible to determine at this point.

My advice?
    Start over from scratch as there isn't much you can do to fix a borked install.

Umm, one last thing (important!!)
    Be sure to read the proper method to UNINSTALL Bin!!
    You cannot use the normal Control Panel method or you will further trash your MSTS.
    ............Vince ..............
    ...... Author NECv4 .......
    .... LIRR BUILD PHOTOS ....
    .............LIRR VIDEO.............
    ...... Eschew Obsfucation ......

On the The Statue of Liberty in New York Harbor there is a Tablet. On it is written:
    "Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
    the wretched refuse of your teeming shore, send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me,
    I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

Looking over the tutorial (almost four years old?!) I left one thing out - test each engine you intend to use in a consist as the only engine, make sure all engines have a working cabview. If you try to "jump" to an engine that does not have a working error free cabview, it will cause problems.

hi whart bin do i need for swiching cabs

Quote Originally Posted by busgames View Post
    hi whart bin do i need for swiching cabs
    Goto this site, click Download on the left side, on the next screen at the bottom download the "Work Release" version 1.8.052113. This is the latest version and the one with all corrections made. Although it says "Work Release" that is because the author has stopped working on BIN and never updated the page.

http://mstsbin.uktrainsim.com/eng/eng.html

WARNING! WARNING! Will Robinson

Do not attempt to install BIN without reading and following the directions. The download includes the manual.
    Later,
    Spud

Quote Originally Posted by Tailwheel View Post
    Goto this site, click Download on the left side, on the next screen at the bottom download the "Work Release" version 1.8.052113. This is the latest version and the one with all corrections made. Although it says "Work Release" that is because the author has stopped working on BIN and never updated the page.

http://mstsbin.uktrainsim.com/eng/eng.html

WARNING! WARNING! Will Robinson

Do not attempt to install BIN without reading and following the directions. The download includes the manual.
    when i change cabs over so i can go bake it came up fail to make cab veiw
    Last edited by busgames; 12-29-2011 at 08:36 AM.

hi friend, note that follow your instructions to change locomotives but does not work, I gave to F9 and click button 1 and I have not worked, by chance do I have to explain me in detail that I have to install, I hope I can answer, Greetings
    Last edited by BNSF1959; 07-05-2012 at 09:53 PM.

Dave Edwards