Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Spine update (56k warning)

Very nice series of trailers! Would that be possibly important to add in like, 2 sets of 5 trailer chassis of UPS trailers? like one chassis, filled with mix of UPS "pups" and 48 footers? and one other 5 solid chassis full of 28 foot pups? Most trains especially CR, they ran lots of MAIL trains around the CR system gets solid sets of UPS trailers on the head end. (I am also sure Santa Fe does the same thing for their "199-991" hot trailer trains from Chicago to LA Mail/UPS) Very nice job gentlemen!

Thanks
    Dave

Dave,

The plan for the UPS stuff is a 5 car set of 48's and a 5 car set of 28's. Because the TTAX road numbers are only on the A and B spines, the C, D, and E spines can be swapped around to whatever consist you like.

Does UPS use 53ft trailers? I have one photo of a trailer that doesn't have the horizontal rib near the top of the sides, and it certainly appears to be longer than a 48ft.

I'm finally contributing something to the set (besides the shapes)

FA reefer unit.

Heartland Express (with a shiney rear end )

This trailer has a slightly different bumper/tail light configuration which appears to be unique to Wabash trailers.

Cheers,
    David.

That is some incredible detail you are showing there.

Hats off to all the gentlemen involved in this!

I got a Shaffer Trucking reefer trailer if you guys are interested in using the pictures.

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeBlossom View Post
    That is some incredible detail you are showing there.

Hats off to all the gentlemen involved in this!
    Dave I think that UPS use 48ft trailers. But I also think that UPS haves 53FT too. I have a friend that works for them and i ask her and she said yes ups haves 53ft. So it sounds like that it is both. I hope this info helps you guys out.
    I am a Ferroequinologist.

Do you have Any more updates on this? Thanks.
    I am a Ferroequinologist.

Only update from me is a completed set of Roadway 53's. Some 28's are on the drawing board.

Quote Originally Posted by CSX4878 View Post
    I got a Shaffer Trucking reefer trailer if you guys are interested in using the pictures.
    Shawn, are they commonly seen on intermodal trains or are they mostly over the road? I'm planning to release the trailers as stand alone objects so that they can be used as FA's on other cars.

David, now that you mention it, I looked at the photos again, and the trailer doesn't have any "Lift here" stickers.

which moves to my next question, I see a lot of containers on chassis trailers parked, any chance you will have those for the spines as well?

Yep Shawn, they are on the drawing board. If you see any bare chassis' and you have your camera handy, you know what to do

Cheers,
    David.