Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Train won't move?

Question Train won't move?

I recently started encountering a problem with the BLLW K4 on the Strasburg RR route, while using coaches from the SRR coach packs 1 and 2. If I stop at certain places, I can't get the train to move again. I even pull the regulator to 100% and it won't do anything. and no, it's not on any grade of ANY kind, and yes, all brakes are off, including hand brakes. It just won't move at all! I notice then if I uncouple from the cars the engine can move, but not as fast as it could. Then when I couple up again, it won't move. What is this??

bumping thread

Open the eng and wag files and see if they are the same it might be the loco is vacumm and the coaches air,if they are different you will either have to change the eng or wag file so as they both match.

Michael

Quote Originally Posted by NWRRSteamPower View Post
    I recently started encountering a problem with the BLLW K4 on the Strasburg RR route, while using coaches from the SRR coach packs 1 and 2. If I stop at certain places, I can't get the train to move again. I even pull the regulator to 100% and it won't do anything. and no, it's not on any grade of ANY kind, and yes, all brakes are off, including hand brakes. It just won't move at all! I notice then if I uncouple from the cars the engine can move, but not as fast as it could. Then when I couple up again, it won't move. What is this??
    What have you done to try to diagnose the problem so far?

Have you tried that same consist on a different Route?
    Have your tried changing the engines, and using the same cars?
    Have you tried the same engine, with different cars?

You indicate that you "recently started encountering" these issues; What did you change about your MSTS (or Computer updates) between when you didn't see it, and now that you do?
    Steven

Northern Virginia, United States of America

What version of MSTS are you using? 1.0? 1.2? BIN?

I ran into such problems on the Strasburg Railroad when I ran around the train at East Strasburg, coupled on the front coupler, then tried to move. I'd inch along if I was lucky, MSTS 1.2/1.4 patch helped, and BIN Entirely fixed it.

Quote Originally Posted by fleegle411 View Post
    What version of MSTS are you using? 1.0? 1.2? BIN?

I ran into such problems on the Strasburg Railroad when I ran around the train at East Strasburg, coupled on the front coupler, then tried to move. I'd inch along if I was lucky, MSTS 1.2/1.4 patch helped, and BIN Entirely fixed it.
    I'm using BIN. But which version of BIN should I have? The stable release or the work release?
    Last edited by NWRRSteamPower; 08-31-2010 at 03:41 PM.

I use the work release and I have few/no complaints about it.
    Last edited by fleegle411; 08-31-2010 at 04:22 PM. Reason: Not complaits, complaints...

Question

Oh and Jim, would you know how to change the sunrise/sunset times for a route?

I'll respond to your other thread for that.

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by NWRRSteamPower View Post
    Oh and Jim, would you know how to change the sunrise/sunset times for a route?
    Route Riter.
    Nick - Creator of the Virtual Railroading Review Show