Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New Class 57 loco observations & opinions

Have to agree - this is a high quality model and very different to the Class 47 and not simply a Class 47 with different sounds. A passenger version is now in development.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisreb View Post
    Have to agree - this is a high quality model and very different to the Class 47 and not simply a Class 47 with different sounds. A passenger version is now in development.
    Can't wait for that one. Especially considering it will have a fully fuctional and animated Dellner coupler.

Get this error on the 57 FGW MK3 Refurb Return scenario about 5 miles from Reading 8. Tried the scenario about 6 times with the same error.

Default Same error

Yes, I get the same error at the same location, I suspect that this scenario was rushed out the door. I will investigate the scenario when I get the chance, but for those who have not purchased this package, let me assure you that the loco alone is worth the price, even if you have no real interest in UK stock. The overall quality of the driving experience gives one hope that RW has a bright future. P.S. The rest of the scenarios were quite good as well

O.K., so I got it to check it out.

Yes, it's graphics, sounds and cab interior are better but the cab camera needs to be moved to show all the controls.

It's InputMapper is using the default RW A-D keys and had to change them to the MSTS version which is being used by my train simulator programmable key-pad.

Could also do with an engineer and am going to have RW_Tools give it one.

O t t o

Last edited by OTTODAD; 09-06-2010 at 05:12 PM.

Hi Otto
    Did you get the throttle to work on your raildriver. Mine refuses to work.
    Phill

Hi Otto, thanks for the cabview mod.

The engineer/driver will be coming. Apparently there was a short term problem to iron out and it will come with the next update of the 57.

Rod

Rod

Happily non partisan rail simmer getting seriously lost in a plethora of simulators...

Quote Originally Posted by bigphill1 View Post
    Hi Otto - Did you get the throttle to work on your raildriver. Mine refuses to work.
    Yes, the regulator part of the RD throttle works, but does not move in the Dynamic part although it is applying Dynamic range, which can also be applied with the . Decimal Point and released with , Comma.

The other new DASH-9 models can be converted for the Raildriver by using renamed copies of the Raildriver Default Dash9.bin and give it the appropriate GeometryID Textures of another other Dash-9 and rename the internal browse name accordingly.

Using the Raildriver with ES44AC locos with control stands, the Raildriver not having a separate lever for Dynamic brakes, moving the Raildriver throttle lever into it's Dyn Brakes slot moves the displayed by RW Dyn brakes lever sideways, applying them.

In any case, I do not like locos with control stands, obscuring the forward view out of the cab.

O t t o

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by OTTODAD; 09-06-2010 at 05:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jimbf View Post
    Yes, I get the same error at the same location, I suspect that this scenario was rushed out the door. I will investigate the scenario when I get the chance, but for those who have not purchased this package, let me assure you that the loco alone is worth the price, even if you have no real interest in UK stock. The overall quality of the driving experience gives one hope that RW has a bright future. P.S. The rest of the scenarios were quite good as well
    Have emailed Oovee about the error and they are looking into it.

Have tested this new Class 57 Oxford Refurb Return activity, driving well past Reading without a problem !

O t t o

Attached Images Attached Images