Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Exploring the Country

Default Exploring the Country

Hi,

Will we ever see a world enviroment like in Flight sims where we can go anywhere in the country via switching a few points here and there?
    At the moment in Railworks it is just routes, will these routes ever be joined or placed on a continues map?
    So if i had enough addons to support a journey from Penzance to Glasgow this would be possible?

i highly doubt we'll see anything like that in RW, could you imagine the amount of disc space that would require for the UK or the US?..lol!

As I understand this sim, with the tools to create scenery aso, I think it's up to us.
    I fly MSFS too and thats a bit diferent, isn't it.

lets build and conect our tracks.

Adde

Quote Originally Posted by sorman View Post
    As I understand this sim, with the tools to create scenery aso, I think it's up to us.
    I fly MSFS too and thats a bit diferent, isn't it.

lets build and conect our tracks.

Adde
    yeah it is..too bad FSX scenery wasnt as easy to create..lol!

The reason we could fly anywhere in the world in MSFS is that scenery outside the airport didn't really matter that much. I mean after a certain altitude all the houses and buildings look the same. That's not the same with Train Simulators.
    Sean Summer
    CEO of Blue Ridge Mountains Machine works.

Yes, this is mutsh closer.
    What if we had the tools to create scenery objekts inside RW.
    Adde
    Last edited by sorman; 08-28-2010 at 05:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sorman View Post
    What if we had the tools to create scenery objects inside RW.
    There is nothing to stop anybody creating as many objects for RW scenery as they like and many are being converted from MSTS.

Creating routes like the Orient Express from London to Venice I doubt will ever be possible, unless a Train Simulator can be designed to display WORLD scenery as the train moves along like MS-TS-2 would have done and can cope with a tracks database covering thousands of miles, many AI trains running en-route as well !

O t t o

Quote Originally Posted by Shortliner View Post
    The reason we could fly anywhere in the world in MSFS is that scenery outside the airport didn't really matter that much. I mean after a certain altitude all the houses and buildings look the same. That's not the same with Train Simulators.
    No, just need them either side of the tracks.

And was MSTS2 based on FSX engine? so it would have been possible in that. with the return of MS Flight maybe MSFS2 will reappear. Can't wait for that NY to California Express!! ;-)
    Last edited by perpetualomega; 08-28-2010 at 07:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by perpetualomega View Post
    And was MSTS2 based on FSX engine?
    Yes it was and had access to the MS-FSX World scenery, but still had individual routes, there not being a way to create a Tracks and Road Database to cover the entire World like the MS-FSX World scenery does.

I suppose it could be done if there were tracks and road databases of the major areas in individual countries, but would need a KRAY computer to cope with running ?

In any case, who would want to drive an AMTRAK train from Chicago to LA in a train simulator, taking days to complete the journey ?

MS-FS has reached a point of perfection which can not be significantly advanced any further, an updated core program not likely to attract much more revenue.

If M$ can not smell BILLIONS of profit then there is little chance of either MS-FS or MS-TS ever being worked on again.

O t t o

Quote Originally Posted by OTTODAD View Post
    Yes it was and had access to the MS-FSX World scenery, but still had individual routes, there not being a way to create a Tracks and Road Database to cover the entire World like the MS-FSX World scenery does.

I suppose it could be done if there were tracks and road databases of the major areas in individual countries, but would need a KRAY computer to cope with running ?

In any case, who would want to drive an AMTRAK train from Chicago to LA in a train simulator, taking days to complete the journey ?

MS-FS has reached a point of perfection which can not be significantly advanced any further, an updated core program not likely to attract much more revenue.

If M$ can not smell BILLIONS of profit then there is little chance of either MS-FS or MS-TS ever being worked on again.

O t t o
    Well it takes 14 hours to fly from UK to Hawaii in FSX so some might, and the news a few weeks ago was that microsoft has started up FS again.

http://www.bit-tech.net/news/gaming/...ht-announced/1