Thread: QJ 7014 Large Steam Loco for RS and RW

Post QJ 7014 Large Steam Loco for RS and RW

I found the location of the large Chinesse Steam Engine the QJ 7014. It has a file in both formats for both RS and RW. It can be found at Railworks Depot under downloads.

It resembles a American Union Pacific Steam Locomotive very much. It is indeed one huge engine, has around 9 drive wheels, great big, long boiler, and the cab has its correct cabview. Excellent quality. Once inside the cab it appears as huge, truly is an excellent engine.

If you like Rail Simulator, or Railworks go get this train, especially if you like steam locomotives. Again, it is found at Railworks Depot under downloads, don't miss it.

P.S. If you find any more hidden trains at different sites post them on this forum because I'd like to know. Any freeware.

This is freeware, only freeware is allowed on this forum, don't want payware so do not list it.

Sincerely jpetersjr

Quote Originally Posted by jpetersjr View Post
    If you like Rail Simulator, or Railworks go get this train, especially if you like steam locomotives.
    The forum already knows: https://www.trainsim.com/vbts/showth...82#post1625182

There is a pinned tread about US Freeware at the top of this page, listing rolling stock.

As you can see from the lack of posts in this forum, the Railsimulator is no longer the flavor of the month and you would do well to use Railworks instead.

O t t o

I would if I could afford it, right now I can't even afford to buy it. Because of the economy dropping and I loosing work because of it. Right now I couldn't even get Railworks, even know I'd like to.

Quote Originally Posted by jpetersjr View Post
    I would if I could afford it, right now I can't even afford to buy it. Because of the economy dropping and I loosing work because of it. Right now I couldn't even get Railworks, even know I'd like to.
    As you seem to have the Rail Simulator then all the available for Railworks Freeware steam locos will run in it.

However, steam locos being a lot of work to create accurate models of, requiring special skills and many hours of hard and exacting work, you can not expect their creators to give them away for free !

O t t o

The problem is, each time I try to install a railworks freeware engine into rail simulator by extracting it to the main directory. It will appear in the list and all, but when you go to put it on the track it does nothing, it won't let you click on it.

Somehow I managed to get a railworks tender to work on RS, but I can't figure out how I did it.

What am I doing wrong, and how do you put a RW freeware locomotive into RS and be able to put it on the track and be able to run it?

I have unpacked this engine into RW. It shows up in the package manager, but when you try and put it into a route via the editor it doesn't show up in the engines and tenders list.

I have no idea as far as the RW version. Since I only have RS I have the RS version. But there is also another one at another site that might install. It can also be found at www. rail-sim.de.

You can get to the rail sim de website through the official railworks site through their community tab.

I hope this helps you, if you still can't get it to work you may consider putting it on Rail Simulator, with Railworks Depot RS version and play it there.

However, I do not know too much about Railworks because I have yet to even get it. So as of right now I support Rail Simulator and prefer to see new downloads in RS form. People actually should release the items in RS, and then put it into RW since rpk files are compatable with RW. It would just be easier for everyone that way.

I hope to see more steam trains that are usable with RS come available.