Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RW Steam Locomotives for Trainsim.Com

Post RW Steam Locomotives for Trainsim.Com

I took a look and noticed that in the Railworks section here for locomotives, there isn't even one single steam locomotive.

I would like to download some steam locomotives from here, not just all the other sites. Along with their correct cab view if possible.
    Last edited by jpetersjr; 09-17-2010 at 09:56 PM.

These are his demands, people. Pray that he not alter them further!

OP: If the items are payware and you are disappointed with the quality, then I'd say avoid purchasing such items. If they are freeware, well you're not in any place to tell someone they shouldn't be releasing it at all. Make your own?

And this "If I'm ever going to buy RailWorks" makes it seem like you think this forum is the official railworks discussion area and that we need to win your business over somehow. :\

"Perhaps you feel you are being treated unfairly"?

The first, last, and most important thing that I will say to you jpetersir is, if you are not to lazy, grab yourself a copy of Blender or 3DMax and start building a steam locomotive for Railworks. I think you will find it's not as simple to make one for RW as it is for "that other simulator". If i'm not mistaken, cabs are made as a separate 3D model in this sim.

It's a bit on the goofy side that you are making demands and calling people lazy and you haven't even bought the Sim.
    Last edited by saxmusickman; 09-15-2010 at 01:45 PM. Reason: correction

There are plenty of European and US Freeware and Payware steam locos available for Railworks, all with excellent fully working cabs you can see by trawling through the threads in this forum and the RW Screenshots one.

O t t o

Yes feel free to make a loco yourself. Making a cab is just as hard as making the loco, if not harder especially with Steam locos.
    Brave the forest, brave the stone,
    Brave the icy winds and fire,
    Braved and beat them on my own,
    Yet I'm helpless by the river.

I recently tried Blender, can't figure it out, I hope to get 3D Max soon, and hope that it will work on my computer, because for some reason the older version won't work with it.
    Last edited by jpetersjr; 09-17-2010 at 09:42 PM.

I don't have 3dsMax, but it requires learning too. Any program requires you to do at least some research. So don't give up so easily.
    Brave the forest, brave the stone,
    Brave the icy winds and fire,
    Braved and beat them on my own,
    Yet I'm helpless by the river.

Of course, when in high school I studied music, when I probably should have studied math. It probably would be easier to me if I were better in math.

I do have Google Sketchup though and figured out how to make loco's with it, but can't figure out how to export it into the correct format to post it to here.
    Last edited by jpetersjr; 09-17-2010 at 09:55 PM.

Alright, I'm building a train now. An American vintage, early steam locomotive. Here's some pictures of my train.

It's actually looking alright.

Though, still got a lot of work to do though, first I must buy 3D Canvas Pro since I can't afford Max.

Here's the pictures.

And here's a photo of what the real thing looked like in the early years of the trains, in the early 1800's. I'm not too sure what kind of train it was though, so far it's just plain 0, 4, 0 to me.