Thread: Blender for MSTS question

Default Blender for MSTS question

Can Blender create .s files for MSTS?
    Dave Nelson

Seldom visiting, posting less often that that.

Hey! I'm extremely new to building models for MSTS/OR, but from what I've seen, no, Blender is not able to create an .s file for MSTS. You can't import an .s file into blender, so you won't be able to create one either.

Quote Originally Posted by iiCanEHdian View Post
    Hey! I'm extremely new to building models for MSTS/OR, but from what I've seen, no, Blender is not able to create an .s file for MSTS. You can't import an .s file into blender, so you won't be able to create one either.
    Hi...

Wayne Campbell built an exporter for Blender - many use it - if you're into modeling you should probably join Elvas at some point- as that's where most of the heavy modeling discussions take place...

Here's the link to the exporter for non-members: http://www3.telus.net/wacampbell/dow...er28ToMSTS.zip

Regards,
    Scott

You can't import an .s file into blender
    Any tool that does this would earn the extreme displeasure of the content creation community. Any tool used to turn *S* files into 3D models is "officially" discouraged because it is "reverse engineering" the intellectual property of the original author. If the content creator wanted you to have the models, they would make them available. Note: Many people have. There are a number of places you can actually acquire the model "sources" when the model creator wanted you to have them. (for example: here in the file library and also at Elvas Tower website)
    http://www.railsimstuff.com
    3D Canvas/Crafter and Blender User
    formerly The Keystone Works (All Permissions Granted)
    In IRC at freenode #msts

Quote Originally Posted by iiCanEHdian View Post
    As other have metioned, Blender can export a S file, but it cannot directly import them.

Remember, just because a program can't import something, doesn't mean it can't export it, and vise-versa.
    Parker B. - A Misplaced Midwesterner.