Thread: Crack that WIP!

Cool Crack that WIP!

Other thread was filling up, make a new one to trash. I was appalled by the cabviews in Trainz, in particular seeing the big front windows in stuff like an Alco RS11. Justin was kind enough to hack a generic high hood cabview without the big front windows, that was quite an improvement. However;

Needs some adjustment, that's coupled on but visually too far away. Also too low, on the outside the RS11 window is high above a gondola. How's it look out the back?

Ugh. In addition to the overlap, also got that Dash 9 style dynamic brake wedge. Can be adjusted for different models by adding a position value for the bonnet attachment, then tinkering with those settings, but it either overlaps fore or aft or both since the mesh is really too big for an RS11.
    Next trick, what happens (FIRE IN THE HOLE!) if I remove the bonnet completely and replace the cab mesh with the actual body mesh from the RS11?

Initially it was all cattywampus, but after adding position values to all the kibbles & bits and moving assorted things around, came up with that.

Out the back, see the actual RS11 side and correct position of the coupled car.

Looks a lot better when two are MUed together as well.

Got a ways to go on learning this stuff, but I'm getting better at kitbashing so the future looks pretty bright.

Wink Not WIP

Finished and uploaded the cabview, that showed up on the DLS an hour ago so I uploaded a five pack of RS11s that use the new cab.

That looks good Jim.

Well go gittum, they're on the download station now. Also uploaded some Harbormaster RSD5s and SD40s as part of the cleanup process (trying to keep track of what I've already uploaded is turning into a full time job) but since it's 6:30 tomorrow morning in eastern OZ it will probably be a while longer before those show up.

Red face Screenshot Forum!

Keep forgetting to add the screenshots, here's what's coming in a few hours;

where u get this nice rs11?

You need TS2009 or TS2010, search in the content manager for Author #522774. The IndustRail RS11s are;

IndustRail RS-11 3618,<kuid:522774:1205>
    IndustRail RS-11 3627,<kuid:522774:1206>
    IndustRail RS-11 3680,<kuid:522774:1207>
    IndustRail RS-11 3615,<kuid:522774:1208>
    IndustRail RS-11 3651,<kuid:522774:1216>