Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Cannot install ORTS

Question Cannot install ORTS

This is as far as I get:Far as I could go copy.jpg

Thanks to OTTODAD for bring me here...

MSTS works normally, but ORTS cannot find the path, somehow, when the correct path exists in MSTS.

"How now, brown cow?"

William Putnam
    Last edited by usnret; 09-22-2010 at 09:57 PM. Reason: spelling

mnjrr Guest

Hello,

The screenshot indicates that you have v128 version of Open Rails installed. I would recommend that you download the latest public release of Open Rails v360 at http://www.openrails.org/coders.html.
    After installing v360, please click on the Open Rails Icon. On the menu that comes up there is an "add folder" option as shown in the screenshot you posted. Click on the "add folder" option and search for the location where your MSTS routes folder is located. Open Rails will then be able to read your MSTS routes.
    Last edited by mnjrr; 09-22-2010 at 10:38 PM.

You want to point it to the directory which contains train.exe

GaryG

Quote Originally Posted by mnjrr View Post
    Hello,

The screenshot indicates that you have v128 version of Open Rails installed. I would recommend that you download the latest public release of Open Rails v360 at http://www.openrails.org/coders.html.
    After installing v360, please click on the Open Rails Icon. On the menu that comes up there is an "add folder" option as shown in the screenshot you posted. Click on the "add folder" option and search for the location where your MSTS routes folder is located. Open Rails will then be able to read your MSTS routes.
    Thank you, but I get a "server error 404" message when I click on the link you gave...

EdIT: I found it elsewhere!
    Last edited by usnret; 09-23-2010 at 07:43 AM.

The silly forum software included the "." in the link, which should have been obvious.

http://www.openrails.org/coders.html
    James Ross
    Open Rails Management Team

Quote Originally Posted by twpol View Post
    The silly forum software included the "." in the link, which should have been obvious.

http://www.openrails.org/coders.html
    Sorry if my bleary eyes did not detect the ".", but in any case I found the correct link to download the latest version.

OK, I now have Version 360.

I still have absolutely no idea how to install ORTS, following all instructions. Here is the latest window:Still-no-go.jpg

You obviously did lots of bad stuff in an earlier version, so go remove all the folders on the left. Even the blank ones. Remove them all. Then add the actual MSTS folder.
    James Ross
    Open Rails Management Team

Bill had an e-mail from me since and hope that doing this below will now work.

This example is using my Main MSTS folder with all routes but my Gold-Spike-X turned off with Routes-On-Off.

First Remove a menu entry which is not working.

O t t o

First of all, I got your E-mail, Otto, and thanks. I will try your suggestion when I post this.

Anyhooooooooo, here is the routing to my MSTS installation for all to see, so that perhaps they can discern my problem:

MSTS-routing.jpg

Tis a bit hard to see, but anyway, I am flummoxed as to why ORTS cannot find my installation.