Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MT London and South East and OpenRails v360

Default MT London and South East and OpenRails v360

Here are some screen shots of Making Tracks London and South East running on OpenRails v360.

This route performed excellent in ORTS and frame rates often came close to the 300 fps mark more than a few times. There seems to be a lot of performance head room for A.I. and new textures with this route. Even the urban areas with a lot of buildings and track didn't seem to impact performance all that much.

After taking a close look at this route I'm looking forward to the Great Eastern and The Evesham Branch.

All of the screen shots were originally taken at 1920x1080 resolution, 8xQ super sampling AA/16xAF. Nvidia's 260.63 drivers were used on Windows 7 Ultimate 64.

Absolutely superb screenies Dan, i would be lucky to get 60fps.

Mike.

Nice screenshots.

Don't forget LSE is quite old now and doesn't have the level of detail of the more recent releases.

Evesham and Greater Eastern (i.e. GE1 plus GE2) are much more detailed and will give your hardware a much more vigorous workout.

Quote Originally Posted by Redcoat_1812 View Post
    Absolutely superb screenies Dan, i would be lucky to get 60fps.

Mike.

Thanks Mike.

I actually have a third machine here for testing that has somewhat similar specs to yours. It uses a Core 2 Q9650, 4GB of 1600MHz RAM and I've got an extra 8800 Ultra video card that I can throw in it to see what it does performance wise.

What OS are you using?

Quote Originally Posted by latimers View Post
    Nice screenshots.

Don't forget LSE is quite old now and doesn't have the level of detail of the more recent releases.

Evesham and Greater Eastern (i.e. GE1 plus GE2) are much more detailed and will give your hardware a much more vigorous workout.

Thanks for the response latimers.

I'm going to order Evesham and GE1&GE2 soon so I'll post some of my results when I get a chance.

So far out of about ten or so MSTS routes I've tried with OpenRails, the Feather River Route has been the most demanding so far -

https://www.trainsim.com/vbts/showth...60-performance

If you have those two route mentioned before from Making Tracks I'd love to see some screen shots.

There are a few screenshots of Evesham here:
    http://www.makingtracks-online.co.uk...9&limitstart=3
    and a few of GE2 here:
    http://www.makingtracks-online.co.uk...6&limitstart=5

There are more in the Making Tracks forums at: http://forums.makingtracks-online.co.uk/

Bob.

Quote Originally Posted by conrail1 View Post
    Thanks Mike.

I actually have a third machine here for testing that has somewhat similar specs to yours. It uses a Core 2 Q9650, 4GB of 1600MHz RAM and I've got an extra 8800 Ultra video card that I can throw in it to see what it does performance wise.

What OS are you using?
    I was using Win 7 Ultimate x64 up till this morning. But had so much trouble with it not supplying IRQ's & Memory Address's, which resulted in conflicts between my 2x 8800GTX vid cards and my SB XFi Extreme Gamer soundcard.

That i formatted the system this morning and installed my copy of Win Vista Ultimate x64.

Apparantly on microcrud's support forum, i read that this is a known problem on some setups with Win 7.

cheers,
    Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by Redcoat_1812 View Post
    I was using Win 7 Ultimate x64 up till this morning. But had so much trouble with it not supplying IRQ's & Memory Address's, which resulted in conflicts between my 2x 8800GTX vid cards and my SB XFi Extreme Gamer soundcard.

That i formatted the system this morning and installed my copy of Win Vista Ultimate x64.

Apparantly on microcrud's support forum, i read that this is a known problem on some setups with Win 7.

cheers,
    Mike.

It's been a while since I've had two Nvidia cards in SLI but recently I did have the 480 GTX and a GTX 285 together with the GTX 285 doing PhysX duty. I didn't have any problems with them and Windows 7 64.

There is a pre- Service Pack 1 hot fix that Microsoft released months back that addresses graphics's related issues with Windows 7 -

Update for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB2028560) -

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/e...displaylang=en

I've been using the hot fix it every time I install Windows 7 and haven't had any issues.

With Vista being almost identical to Windows 7 I'm surprised you're not seeing the same issue Vista?

What i read Dan, was that Vista handles irq & memory adress allocation more efficiently than Win 7.

regards,
    Mike.