Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PRR Eastern Division and ORTS

Default PRR Eastern Division and ORTS

To the ORTS team:

Listed below are two errors that I have encountered running the PRR Eastern Division in ORTS. Both caused the sim to CTD. Also this only happened after the route was running for at least 20 minutes.

------------------------------------------------------------------
    System.IO.InvalidDataException: TDB Error, courl not find junction.
    at MSTS.TDBfile.GetTrJunctionNode(Int32 tileX, Iny32 tileZ, Int32 UID)
    at ORTS.WorldFile..ctor(Viewer3D viewer, Int32 tilex, Int32 tileZ)
    at ORTS.SceneryDrawer.LoadAt(Int32 tileX, Int32 tileZ)
    at ORTS.SceneryDrawer.Load(RenderProcess renderProcess)
    at ORTS.Viewer3D.Load(RenderProcess renderProcess)
    at ORTS.LoaderProcess.LoadLoop()

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    at ORTS.Worldfile.WorldPositionFromMSTSLocation(Int32 tileX, Int32 tileZ,
    STFPositionItem MSTSPosition, Matrix3x3 MSTSMatrix)
    at ORTS.WorldFile..ctor(Viewer3D viewer, Int32 tilex, Int32 tileZ)
    at ORTS.SceneryDrawer.LoadAt(Int32 tileX, Int32 tileZ)
    at ORTS.SceneryDrawer.Load(RenderProcess renderProcess)
    at ORTS.Viewer3D.Load(RenderProcess renderProcess)
    at ORTS.LoaderProcess.LoadLoop()

-----------------------------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by rrroberttt View Post
    Listed below are two errors that I have encountered running the PRR Eastern Division in ORTS. Both caused the sim to CTD. Also this only happened after the route was running for at least 20 minutes.
    It would help to know which activity you were running which caused these errors.

O t t o

Running in Explore Route. Using the Congressional.pat and Superacela.con.
    This is my favorite, because I actually travel this route with Amtrak a couple of times a year. But, I have also had the exception error on a couple of other paths, running PRR in ORTS. I don't recall them at the moment. Will check later on. Also, I might add, All other routes that I have tried with version 360, including freeware Surfliner, Pentacosta, Dorset v6, RMD_East, LGV Med. v3.0, and, Monon v2.8, have all run without any error.

Quote Originally Posted by rrroberttt View Post
    Running in Explore Route. Using the Congressional.pat and Superacela.con.
    I can't even run it in the electrified version, error log attached.

O t t o
    Attached Files Attached Files

None of the PRR-ECR designers have any plans to use OR until it is fully functional.
    Last edited by MIKEinNE; 10-11-2010 at 10:59 AM.

The errors you mention are problems we had with the tdb which we patched so it would run with MSTS. The route works fine there; the solution is to run it with MSTS especially if ORTS will detect all the patches and consider them errors.

I am wondering if the OR team has determined that all parties involved in the project have the same problem discussed above? Again, if this problem exists, simply , when OR is formally released,. keep MSTS installed on your machine and run the route in the sim it was designed to be run in!.

Quote Originally Posted by MIKEinNE View Post
    Has the OR Team determined that the aforementioned problems with the PRR-ER and OR occur with every user? If so, just maintain MSTS on your HDD and run the route in the sim for which the sim was designed.
    I have no intention of ever removing MSTS-Bin from my computer, I have 2 CDs for just in case, as there will be no other train simulator for a long time which can supply the magnitude of add-ons MSTS has now and is still growing and can do things which other train simulators can not, mostly to do with the tracks and distant mountains.

There is forinstance no equal for default Double-Slips in other major train simulators, BVE excepted.

I am too old to see that happen !

O t t o

Otto, thanks for the response!!!!

mnjrr Guest

Default Open Rails and the PRR Eastern Region Route

Hello,

The members of the Open Rails team have been discussing among each other about the glitches that users encounter when running certain portions of the PRR Eastern Region in Open Rails. We cannot focus on resolving these issues at this time because of a large work order with other pressing matters. Solutions to resolve these glitches may transpire in the future, but there are no promises made as of this writing by the Open Rails team.

Mike has proposed an excellent idea that if these glitches occur when OR matriculates into a full fledge sim just keep MSTS for the PRR Eastern Region route.

P.S. Writing for myself, as a member of OR and tester of the PRR route, I would love to see the PRR Eastern Region route able to work fully in OR eventually.
    Last edited by mnjrr; 03-31-2011 at 01:26 PM.