Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What's new?

Cool What's new?

Scuttlebutt says RD is working on a new X keys macroworks that will improve interface for all trainsims, any projected date on that yet?

We can't give a definite date, but we are hoping to have something in testing sometime early next year. We are also working on something that should help with Trainz 2009/2010 in the meantime, but I'm not sure when that'll be ready. Hopefully very soon.

Thanks, that's cool. Only real problem I have with TS2010 is some engine specs don't respond to the reverser or throttle at all, replacing the engine specs for any given engine with one that does respond fixes it. Only problem then is the physics are wrong, try to clone the engine spec to edit the physics and for some reason a direct clone of a working engine spec file, even before making any changes, becomes a non responsive engine spec with the same reverser/throttle glitch. LED speed readout was easy to solve, the engine has to have a cabview with a working speedometer or the LED on the Raildriver console reads zero mph.

Main thing I think we're all hoping for is something like the way Trainz works - fire up the game, select an engine, and use the Raildriver. With both MSTS and Railworks you need to launch a TSR first before starting the game, for some reason the TS2009 interface is automatic. Latest sim project is Open Rails;

https://www.trainsim.com/vbts/forumd...102-Open-Rails

A new sim designed to be backwards compatible with MSTS. No Raildriver interface for that yet, what we're hoping for is whatever new software you come up with will make it unnecessary to program an interface for it?

Hi, Snipe, it sounds like you are saying that you are using a RD program made for TS2009 to run "Trainz Simulator 2010 Engineers Edition" with your Raildriver, is this correct? If so, can you quote a file name that I can look for at the Raildriver site?

" Only real problem I have with TS2010 is some engine specs don't respond to the reverser or throttle at all,.....

.........for some reason the TS2009 interface is automatic. "

Thanks

Wild Willy the Wacko

Yeah, they're all on the technical downloads page;

http://raildriver.com/support/downloads.php

I have TRS2004 and TS2010, I don't know what's different between TS2009 and TS2010, but since I didn't see a driver for TS2010 I assumed http://raildriver.com/download/td/rdts2009.exe was close enough for disco, and it does work for TS2010.

Thanks! I'm having a lot of problems and I just did not want to take a chance on causing more if I could avoid it.

Wild Willy the Wacko

Default Could not duplicate, bench checks 4.0

Troubleshooters R Us, meet me over in the Trainz forum and tell me all your problems. If I don't have an answer I'll speculate until I get lucky!

Well, this is over a year old now, time to bump it.

http://raildriver.com/support/trainz.php

In Trainz 2009 or 2010, the reverser and throttle levers don’t work when driving a steam engine, but the brakes and buttons function.
    This is a known issue and is on our list of projects to revisit. There was a change to the commands for these levers shortly before Trainz 2009 was released and we already had our software finished at that point. We will be looking into this and updating the installer again in the near future.

Dunno what year that was written, but the problem is still with us, the only steam engine spec that responds to all Raildriver controls is C-41 Engine,<kuid:43955:51009>

All of the others I've tried have the problem above, and the weird thing is if I clone that old engine spec with no other changes the clone develops the problem so it's impossible to use it as a template or analyze it to figure out what makes it work when the others don't.

On another subject, I often get engine spec KUIDs in TS2010 and TS12 that are somehow automatically opened for edit when I never touched them. N3V claims this is on your end, the Raildriver interface software is what's opening engine specs for edit during the game. I haven't been able to prove or disprove that yet, since I have only two computers in the house and both have Raildrivers, which I'm reluctant to unplug and uninstall (LOVE my Raildrivers! ) for testing purposes.

Default Bump!

Well, now I'm disgusted and disappointed.

http://forums.auran.com/trainz/showt...Engine-Problem

I tried that and confirmed it works - that's all it takes is adding the engine spec to the EngineKinds.txt file, and somebody from N3V or PI can't come up with a solution in THREE YEARS? Several have mentioned that Raildriver opens certain engine specs for edit, content manager recommits them when closing so they come out "locally modified" or faulty in TS12, nobody seemed to know why some engine specs do it and others don't. There's the simple answer, if the engine spec is listed in that file, raildriver won't open it for edit.

How hard could it possibly be to program something that would look at all the installed engine specs and append them to that file?

ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRRRRRRRRRRRGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Worked on a pencil42 1870's Mogul

ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRRRGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks
    Harold

EDIT: I tried putting the Loco Kuid in the EngineKinds.txt and of course that didn't work. Never thought they wanted the EngineSpec, D-oh!
    Last edited by hminky; 10-26-2012 at 09:02 AM.