Thread: Please Help & explain Train Store Warning

Default Please Help & explain Train Store Warning

I received the following warning in train store:
    "Warning: - Item No. 65
    The definition of the locomotive in the Consist file is different to the specification in the Engine parameter in the locomotive file
    (They should be identical)
    This will stop the Consist from appearing in the MSTS Explore selection list
    Consist "File: 'CC_Brill_206.con'
    Engine "File: 'CC_Brills\CC_Brill_206.ENG'"

Route: Coast Cities Ry.
    Activities
    Christmas Shopping
    Monday Morning Rain
    Sea Girt express
    Summer Breeze
    Maintenance Mode Consists
    CC Brill 206
    CC Brill 207
    CC Brill 703
    CC Brill 704
    CC open 47
    CC open 67
    CC open 77

I receive this warning on the first four Brills, and not on the three open Brills.
    When I view the .con file and the .eng file in Contex I do not see any inconsistincies in references between these two files.

I used route riter to attempt to find any problems with either file but found none.
    I looked at other .con and .eng pairs for a clue on what to fix but found none.
    I compared the files to the ones on the .zip file (ccrycars.zip) found in Train Sim library an they havent changed.

Finially I can run the four Brill electric trolleys in the Coast Cities Ry route in the train simulator with no problems; which sounds Ok since the Above was a warning not a error message.

What should I look for to correct in the .eng and con file and clear up this warning?
    I dont really understand what Train store is really looking to make identical.

Thanks fo taking time to help me on my confusion.

Ron Mariutto

Route Riter has (on the Activities/Stock tab) has six buttons with instructions to run the sequentially that should fix this problem. The consist and rolling stock name must exactly match in all the files that reference them in order to have MSTS display them in its selection menu.
    Regards,

Eric

Hi Eric
    Thanks for the reply.

I have been busy digging up some info on the web to try to solve the warning flag that train store waves.

On another VR forum Tony Formoso answered a similar question to the one I asked:

"The definition of the locomotive in the Consist file
    e.g.
    EngineData ( scotsman SCOTSMAN )
    is different to the specification in the Engine parameter in the locomotive file.
    e.g.
    Engine ( Scotsman
    ( They should be identical )
    This means they should be exactly the same.
    e.g.
    EngineData ( scotsman SCOTSMAN )

and

Engine ( scotsman

OR
    EngineData ( Scotsman SCOTSMAN )

and

Engine ( Scotsman

This will stop the consist from appearing in the MSTS Explore selection list.
    This means the Consist will not appear in the MSTS list of Consists which are shown when you attempt to select a locomotive in MSTS.

The message is a Warning message.
    This means it is warning you of something that will not stop MSTS from working, but might cause you some confusion if you don't fix it. If you don't like seeing Warning messages there is an option to switch them off (Tools/Options/Suppress Warning Messages).

To fix the problem, you either need to change the .CON file or the .ENG file to get them in step. Generally speaking the .ENG file should be the 'authority' on this. But, if someone has issued an updated .ENG file and got the Engine parameter wrong, don't fall inot the trap of changing all the .CON files.

Tony
    "

The warning still exists even though I cut an pasted the file def from the .con ffile to the .eng file. My guess is that the problem is connected with the underscores "_" in the file name. After playing for a few hours trying to eliminate the "_ _" I just create real errors in the activities, .eng and .con files, I never really fixed anthing and put things back the way they were. My solution: remove the warnings in train store by checking an entry in options. The affected Brills run just fine in the train sim and Route Riter finds no errors in my rolling stock.

Thanks
    Ron