Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Frisco #1522

yup thats it

Northern Virginia, United States of America

Quote Originally Posted by mestevet View Post
    <<Snip>>
    and I was producing nifty little Baldwin Builder's plate textures for Allen, which originally started with a Santa Fe 2-10-2 project he was doing (not exactly sure what happened with that, maybe it was available over at Elvas Tower, I don't know, but I have the Beta version on my hard drive).
    <<Snip>>
    I just looked at the Elvas Tower Download section, there are many ATSF 2-10-2s available, all apparently made by Mr. Allen Norton.

Good, my memory isn't what it used to be, he probably told me but then I got busy with something else and never went and looked, my functional ADD kicking in...

They were very nice locomotives in my opinion, and I was happy to offer the little detail of those builder's plates. We did our best to match the numbers of the locomotives with the actual builder's numbers, so the plates would match the loco. I LOVE hiding little details in models like that to see if anyone notices.

Steve

Attention: Frisco 1522 and The Demon 311 are possible going to released this weekend or atleast emailed to a few. They are rare engines

alrighty, thanks to trainboy6218 Frisco 1522 know has her running plaque under the light i should have a video up on youtube in a little bit and a few pics in the album and here

here is the video....
    Last edited by trainman7616; 11-19-2010 at 08:44 PM.

Hi All-
    Like trainman7616 mentioned I've been re-working my original model to better suit Frisco 1522 (fortunately the Frisco 4-8-2's and the ATSF 4-8-2's shared similar main dimensions). Here's a quick update on what I've done so far; I replaced the sand domes, added torpedo tubes (will add piping later), moved the bell and added a new headlight; also replaced the cylinders. However this overhaul may take a while though, haven't had a whole lot of free time lately. Hope it looks good so far though.
    -Justin

Frisco1522_WIP.jpg

Wow, I can see the resemblance! Just a few quick questions; 1: Are those the drivers you are going to use? No offense, but I think they hurt the overall appearance. Also, are you planning on changing the cow catcher to the smaller one like on 1522?
    Looking amazing,
    Sam
    1522.jpg
    Last edited by sp#4449; 11-26-2010 at 11:14 AM.

Yes we are but surflegg needs freetime for it, once I get it back i can put on the paint scheme, and the frisco 1522 frieght animation plaque under the headlight, hopefully though we could get new sounds but as stated
    Are those the drivers you are going to use? No offense, but I think they hurt the overall appearance
    it may be possible that I can either ask surflegg to make the drivers over or i can just take pictures from 1522 and repaint them. any other questions on this project ask me,surflegg, or trainboy6218(who designed the 1522 frieght animation plaque under the light).

Quote Originally Posted by Surflegg View Post
    Hi All-
    Like trainman7616 mentioned I've been re-working my original model to better suit Frisco 1522 (fortunately the Frisco 4-8-2's and the ATSF 4-8-2's shared similar main dimensions). Here's a quick update on what I've done so far; I replaced the sand domes, added torpedo tubes (will add piping later), moved the bell and added a new headlight; also replaced the cylinders. However this overhaul may take a while though, haven't had a whole lot of free time lately. Hope it looks good so far though.
    -Justin

Frisco1522_WIP.jpg
    That's hot. Nice work. Hope to see this one actually get released. There have been many 1522 projects over the years that have failed on an epic level. Hopefully you'll be the first to produce. I say again, nice work.
    John Means

Thank you John, everyone that has contributed any info to the project will get both Frisco 1522, The Demon 311 and a gold Edition 1522