Page 21 of 24 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: Frisco #1522

Quote Originally Posted by trainman7616 View Post
    Not that I know of, I do have my own model in the works though. But I have no clue how to convert it to MSTS when its done. I also dont know how to animate.
    It never hurts to ask someone else. There are many talented steam modelers in the MSTS community, both here and at other forums. Three I can think of off the top of my head are Allen Norton, Derek Miller, and Tim Muir. It depends on what modeling software you're using, though. I think Tim and Allen use TSM and Derek uses 3DCrafter.

Not that I know of, I do have my own model in the works though. But I have no clue how to convert it to MSTS when its done. I also dont know how to animate.
    It sounds to me like you are very close to completing the Frisco 1522, but if you need help animating it then you probably need to ask someone with modeling experience to help you with it. Me, I haven't modeled anything but I would love to make some coaches to go with the Frisco 1522.

I use gmax, blender, and 3Ds Max Studio. I have alot to do on the engine. If you all like I can upload some shots. I have to resize some things that all would probably point out though.
    Steam Builder @ The Erecting Hall

http://theerectinghall.info/

Here is my model, its probably not as good looking as surfleggs but its also far from complete.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Real nice work Chance... Noted your previous post mentioned the animation issue - can't help with that as I model in 3DC... There is probably a tutorial for GMAX on the "Steam4me" site though... Only feedback/question - are the spokes on the main driver supposed to be round - as on more modern engines I think they should have a bit more depth to them and taper a bit from the rim to the hub... I'm unfmailiar with the prototype though... Keep up the good work - I know very well how much work a steam locomotive is to make...

A buddy of mine, Jimmy Lambert (Fleegle411), uses Gmax for his models and has made a few steam locomotives using the program. Perhaps you could contact him about it?

Quote Originally Posted by scottb613 View Post
    Real nice work Chance... Noted your previous post mentioned the animation issue - can't help with that as I model in 3DC... There is probably a tutorial for GMAX on the "Steam4me" site though... Only feedback/question - are the spokes on the main driver supposed to be round - as on more modern engines I think they should have a bit more depth to them and taper a bit from the rim to the hub... I'm unfmailiar with the prototype though... Keep up the good work - I know very well how much work a steam locomotive is to make...
    Thanks. Actually, I have a up close picture of the drivers and they are cylinderical with the spokes. And Mipman, fleegle has actually been following this so I can ask him. This is the model I am making for trainz 2012, and MSTS. I have looked at tutorials for animating but I dont understand it.

So, I rebuilt the boiler to be rounder, the bell to look more prototypical and the coonskin number plaque.

240825ff6bc379482a28c6daf0fe3912.jpg
    Last edited by trainman7616; 02-27-2014 at 11:05 PM.

So, I rebuilt the boiler to be rounder, the bell to look more prototypical and the coonskin number plaque.

240825ff6bc379482a28c6daf0fe3912.jpg
    It looks like it's coming together quite nicely. I can't wait to drive it alongside some of the other steam power I have.

So I havent done much at all beside reworked some things like the headlight. I applied a few practice textures to text UVW mapping. Such as the wheels, bell, coonskin plaque, number boards, and Cab side. I like to think she is looking good. What do you all think? Might be awhile before the next update by the way. Dwm 2014-03-04 01-55-54-30.jpg