Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Paul Charland's Thousand Island Railway

Hi All,

Thanks for the kind words, I think the route turned out pretty good and should be fun to switch.

As much as I'd like to, I can't take credit for the way things are put together, I just tried to recreate what I saw in photos. Our National Archives had a few shots of Gan Junction that came in handy when I started the route. Christian Schröder in Germany found a copy of "By Rail, Road, and Water to Gananoque" on line, the only book ever written about the TIR. I'd been looking for a copy for a decade and it took someon in Germany to find a copy online that was in Montreal, still in it's shrink wrap! Lots of helpful photos and a couple of good maps later and the route came together.

Hope everyone has fun with the route, that's why it was created.

Paul :-)

Thank you Paul, and congratualtions on your new success with this route.

Shawmut, I am so with you there buddy. Proper proportion of objects to other related items such as streets, track, etc., go way further in my book of realism, than 100% correct track and disorganized object placement.

No slam, just personal preferance. Paul does seem to have an eye for realistic object placement in his routes.

Neil

Excellent! I'm so excited to install this route tonight after work (d/l lastnight during sleepy time). Great shots guys! And amazing work on your new route, Paul!
    Anthony

Great job Paul. I haven't installed the activities yet but looking forward to them. I took a little tour in explore mode just to familiarize myself with locations.

Jim

Thanks alot for this route Paul! I'd say it's one of the best routes available. I've railfanned at Gananoque (Jct) many times and it's nice to be able to see what the old TIR was really like.

Northbound Local heads towards the Jct.

About to back into the interchange track

At the station

Heading southbound back to town as a Montreal bound freight flys by.

Caboose rolls by as the TIR job pulls into Cheeseborough to set out the tail end gondola.

Heading back to town.

Passenger departs the downtown station.
    Rob

Hi Rob,

Thanks... Back in 1982ish I caught a GP-9 switching Stefco one sunny morning... when I didn't have a camera with me of course!

Paul :-)

Paul,

This is one grand little route that I am having quite a bit of fun with as a diversion for other things.

Paul

Hate to dredge this up, but I'm trying the TIR for the first time, and after finding what I thought were all the relavant files, I get this error "No Extended Shape data for hwy2l2wnaStrtm_X90d.s", and there's a whole lot of similar ones. I have xtracks installed, and the route installed correctly... what am I missing???

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
    Dan M
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by danmack; 08-23-2011 at 11:31 PM.